Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troops will not be used to stop illegals!

Quincy Welding/ Racing Original Looper 1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Troops will not be used to stop illegals!

I just read the following story on a web site and was amazed. Don't tell me there's not a conspiracy to destroy the working middle class of America and what's left of representative government. Where's the corporate (not liberal, not conservative) media?

thanks,
    Paul A Christner

US troops wonít be used to stop illegal immigration: State Dept.

WASHINGTON ó US National Guard troops being sent to the Mexican border will be used to stem the flow of guns and drugs across the frontier and not to enforce US immigration laws, the State Department said Wednesday.

The clarification came after the Mexican government urged Washington not to use the additional troops to go after illegal immigrants.

President Barack Obama on Tuesday authorized the deployment of up to 1,200 additional troops to border areas but State Department spokesman Philip Crowley told reporters, "It's not about immigration."

He said the move was "fully consistent with our efforts to do our part to stem, you know, violence, to interdict the flow of dangerous people and dangerous goods -- drugs, guns, people."

You can read the rest of the story at:
    http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0526/tro...l-immigration/

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul, again your posting misleading articles from dubious sources. No the troops woun`t me making arrests, but they will be in the backround, doing other jobs that border agents have to do, so the agents can be freed up to stop illegals. This is the exact same thing that Bush did in `06.
    Personally I don`t think its enough. We need to militerize our borders with combat troops that are currently in the Mid East getting themselves killed and wounded for suspect reasons. The Coast Guard, a military forse, does a good job sealing our countrys wet borders. Also Homeland Security needs to be investigating legal immigrants who come from all nations including Europe, and when here badmouth our country. If they want to make chaanges become a citizen and vote or go home. Also I don`t believe in dual citizinship. Pick a country. Also, keep religious BS out of our schools, and goverment, and this place will be a fit country to live in.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Where was Obama's support when the drug cartels were causing all the problems along the Texas border approximately 1 year ago? I think that I remember reading that there would be no Federal support to protect the border. I am sure I will be corrected if I speak incorrectly, but it took Rick Perry to send the Texas Rangers to address the problem.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The illegal situation will remain as it is,one party is trying to capture there votes while the other needs them to save on labor costs.

Illegals are here to work off the books and recieve benifits from our nanny state country.

Mexico loves this as billions are sent to the illegal family's via wires every day,money to run there economy without the expense of citizens.

I say let them stay and do the work they do and allow everyone business or not, public works or not, hire them pay them cash,do not pay taxes,social security, unemployment insurance,workers comp,and a host of other goverment expenses . Give them educations for there kids,free health care.

Wait a second that is what we are doing,sorry I forgot.

Allen J. Lang

Sending troops to the border with guns without ammo. What happens if they get over run like the last time by armed drug runners? No defence. Last time they were LUCKY and abanded their post in time. Where is the mind of the commander in chief? Even Bush was as bad.
    At least, here in AZ, many are packing up and leaving for other states who are boycotting us. Maybe they will feel the problems on a bigger scale now.
    I agree with you Pat.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The drug cartel problem has not gotten better, it's as bad if not worse. The news just doesn't always go national. And it is part of the insecure borders we have.

Around 6 weeks ago a quite a few bullets landed on the campus of Southmost college in Brownsville from a shootout involving competing drug lords just across the border in Mexico. Also about that same time, Mexican authorities detained around 20 middle eastern men from Somolia, Yemen and one or two other countries. Six were known and on terrorist watch lists. Four were never identified, and all were released. They were headed for Texas when picked up. I never heard why they were released. Just two days ago a warning was issued to keep a watch for Somalia terrrorists attempting to come into Texas after one was picked up. He is being held currently. On Monday or Tuesday a warning was issued to boaters wanting to go fishing on Falcon Lake at Zapata which is on the Rio Grande between Brownsville and Laredo. A week or so before in two separate incidents pirates from Mexico intercepted boats of fishermen and robbed them. At least the didn't kill them or take them hostage. However, I believe there still are hostage held in Mexico. Most were abducted in Phoenix and El Paso. The current chief of police in Nuevo Laredo was put in place by the drug cartels after a long period where there was no chief of police. The two previous ones were murdered by the drug lords, the last one only holding office for two hours.

There are ranches down along the border where oilfield workers are told to be out of there before dark. There are power company ROW's that are used by drug smugglers as freeways at night to transport drugs for miles and miles through ranches. I do not know why the feds do not do something about this. A lot of times when a big shipment of drugs is coming through the checkpoints, the drug lords will give a truck driver, or some ignorant soul one or two thousand dollars to haul a hundred pounds of marijuana and it is nothing for the dogs to find it. Then when the agents are busy with that, the real secured cargo is sent through. The agents know this happens, but the drug lords are constantly finding different ways to hide the drugs and seal off the scents. Before they got smart, they would have everything sealed up good, but with all the handling, they left traces all over the bumbers, doors tires, everywhere from their hands and clothes. It doesn't take much for a dog to pick up on.

As far as the National Guard being deployed...that is just a political smokescreen. As RTM says, they will mostly be doing administrative stuff and not directly confronting illegals. The fact that Calderon himself made Obama clarify their role tells you something. However, I worry about any that may actually get involved with the bad guys with drugs and guns. I don't know what the rules of engagement are, but I'll bet it's like what Andy Taylor did to Barney Fife. He had a gun, but he had to keep the bullets in his pocket. My son in law tells me that the current rules of engagement in Afghanistan do not allow our soldiers to fire back until one of our own are hit or killed. Not fired upon....but actually recieve casualties. This is total BS. I would think it would be worse for the national guard on the border. A few years ago two border patrol agents were double crossed by our own government for doing their job and more recently three seals had to undergo outrageous accusations and trials for doing there jobs. No....the national guard action is just because polls show Americans are fed up with the border situation and Obama is just trying to make it look like he's taking action. The only time any real action will be taken will be following a huge national tragedy when a terrorist manages to sneak in a WMD and make it work.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    The drug cartel problem has not gotten better, it's as bad if not worse. The news just doesn't always go national. And it is part of the insecure borders we have.

Around 6 weeks ago a quite a few bullets landed on the campus of Southmost college in Brownsville from a shootout involving competing drug lords just across the border in Mexico. Also about that same time, Mexican authorities detained around 20 middle eastern men from Somolia, Yemen and one or two other countries. Six were known and on terrorist watch lists. Four were never identified, and all were released. They were headed for Texas when picked up. I never heard why they were released. Just two days ago a warning was issued to keep a watch for Somalia terrrorists attempting to come into Texas after one was picked up. He is being held currently. On Monday or Tuesday a warning was issued to boaters wanting to go fishing on Falcon Lake at Zapata which is on the Rio Grande between Brownsville and Laredo. A week or so before in two separate incidents pirates from Mexico intercepted boats of fishermen and robbed them. At least the didn't kill them or take them hostage. However, I believe there still are hostage held in Mexico. Most were abducted in Phoenix and El Paso. The current chief of police in Nuevo Laredo was put in place by the drug cartels after a long period where there was no chief of police. The two previous ones were murdered by the drug lords, the last one only holding office for two hours.

There are ranches down along the border where oilfield workers are told to be out of there before dark. There are power company ROW's that are used by drug smugglers as freeways at night to transport drugs for miles and miles through ranches. I do not know why the feds do not do something about this. A lot of times when a big shipment of drugs is coming through the checkpoints, the drug lords will give a truck driver, or some ignorant soul one or two thousand dollars to haul a hundred pounds of marijuana and it is nothing for the dogs to find it. Then when the agents are busy with that, the real secured cargo is sent through. The agents know this happens, but the drug lords are constantly finding different ways to hide the drugs and seal off the scents. Before they got smart, they would have everything sealed up good, but with all the handling, they left traces all over the bumbers, doors tires, everywhere from their hands and clothes. It doesn't take much for a dog to pick up on.

As far as the National Guard being deployed...that is just a political smokescreen. As RTM says, they will mostly be doing administrative stuff and not directly confronting illegals. The fact that Calderon himself made Obama clarify their role tells you something. However, I worry about any that may actually get involved with the bad guys with drugs and guns. I don't know what the rules of engagement are, but I'll bet it's like what Andy Taylor did to Barney Fife. He had a gun, but he had to keep the bullets in his pocket. My son in law tells me that the current rules of engagement in Afghanistan do not allow our soldiers to fire back until one of our own are hit or killed. Not fired upon....but actually recieve casualties. This is total BS. I would think it would be worse for the national guard on the border. A few years ago two border patrol agents were double crossed by our own government for doing their job and more recently three seals had to undergo outrageous accusations and trials for doing there jobs. No....the national guard action is just because polls show Americans are fed up with the border situation and Obama is just trying to make it look like he's taking action. The only time any real action will be taken will be following a huge national tragedy when a terrorist manages to sneak in a WMD and make it work.
    Ya probably right,old 700 driver (thought those MASTER OIL BOATS WERE PRETTY COOL)

Quincy Welding/ Racing Original Looper 1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Green Card Proving Grounds???

Wayne,

You make an excellent point about what the corporate owned media leaves out about the border states of the US.

These photos are not of some 3rd world country, they are photos from Arizona, near the Mexican border, taken by ranchers of what illegals crossing their land leave behind.

A country, such as the United States, that exports it's productivity and manufacturing base and imports trash and 3rd world poverty cannot help but turn itself in to a third world nation eventually, even if the process is too slow and gradual for a lot of people to realize. Kind of like the lobster in the pot theory -- at first, he feels warm and fuzzy too, but we all know what his eventual outcome is. Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, you are both wealthy people and many people on the right call you both liberals. Mrs. Pelosi, this question goes out to especially you -- since you are well worth over one hundred and fifty million dollars, I am told, and the Speaker of the House of the United States of America's Congress, where we both know the power of our country 'lies,' why don't you and the "liberals" in Congress completely spend down all your personal wealth & fortunes first, before you steal our money, and then take a vow of poverty in the name of helping the poor that only want to come to America to have "a better life" as you and the imposters in Congress would have us believe. Use all your money first. As the great state of Missouri says, "show me!"

My wife and I are told that we have to wait 4 years before we can qualify for that great health care plan you and the Democrats rammed thru Congress, against the will of the majority of the people, because we are too responsible. However, we qualify now to PAY the TAXES to pay for non citizens that have illegally came into our country, that receive free healthcare today and tomorrow.

Is this what our military defends?

Why do they really hate us? It's not, as we were told, because we buy houses.

thanks,

Paul A Christner
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default just happened

This just happened:

Couple weeks ago I wrecked my car,can't travel yet so I missed USTS race. Sucks but hey thats the way it falls some times.
    Wife says I want to have a yard sale--OK
    Been watching this $.50,$1.00 $2.00 thing all day eh so what Seen a couple $20.00's Ok.

Now I guess I'm racial profiling--spanish speeking guy comes up with his spanish speeking girl friend only has fifties (why not he gets paid in cash,says he does construction,drive ways.)
    I'm getting ready to hang a couple of my American Flags(wonder why)
    So I said to him you know you need one of these,his response--What do I need that for. Case closed-go get them ARIZONA.

Spes 5 Pat Wright
    Ist aviation brigade Vietnam
    203rd recon
    Volunteered US ARMY 1966-1969

Post Thanks / Like

Default Borderland

Paul, Wayne and all others interested in this problem. I would like to try and clear up some of the things I have read on this site.
    I have lived less than a mile from this border for almost 40 years. I worked for border patrolfor 17 years. Retired in 2005.

Now , combat troops will not be put on this border for following reason, it would be illegal and violation of the treaty of Hidalgo. The treaty was the result of the Mexican/American war of 1846. Even though we won the war, and Mexico gave up over 50% of their land to the U.S.
    We agree not ever put armed troops on the southern border.
    So we can only put troops in support positions. This has been done sense around 1996 or97.
    My old memory not to good these days. I think the dates are right.
    Have we ever violated the treaty. YES. I believe in 97 just after we got the first guard troops in place on the border. Some of the troops were deployed in places along the border. They dug in and made their outpost where they could watch for drug smugglers and border jumpers.
    Now at the time there were much talk between the administration, military, and border patrol as to giving these troops live ammo. Technically that would be a violation .BP was against giving them ammo.
    After all they were there to observe and report to BP.
    NO engagement. What that saying about ďif something can go wrong it willĒ. And it did. A unit up close to the Big Bend shot and killed a 15 year old boy out herding his goats.
    In our boat racing parlance that almost sunk the boat before it even got on plane. Since that time we have had guard troops come and go. These troops will be no different. What will happen is the funding will go for 6 month or maybe a year and then be shut off.Thatís when they will go home.
    I may add also that the U.S. Military has no legal authority to enforce immigration law.
    Only Border Patrol and Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE).

I know the immigration problem is hard to understand and frustrating. I have watched it being use as a political football for 30 years. In the early 80's BP was telling congress that the numbers were increasing at an alarming rate. No body wanted to hear what they were saying. So the monster just continued to grow. Then in 94/ 95 they said my god this thing is out of control we got to do something. So they start hiring more BP agents. But its to late, they are to far behind the curve and they been playing catch up ever sense.

If you live on this border like I do you able to see the other side of the coin or I may say the river. It can be hart braking. They are good people and all they want is the same as we all want to work and raise their family. Now Iím not saying we need to solve there problems for them and I donít condone the border jumpers. When they come here in the dead of night
    its like coming in your back window. They have broken our law and they need to sent back..But its not going to happen because this congress dose not have the political will to do it.
    It never has.

Stanley Henderson
    Del Rio, Tx.

Thread Information