Post Thanks / Like

Default Tim Seebold wins Bay City!

Bill Rucker wins SST 120
    Kevin Duby wins SST 45

Full results at:
    http://www.apba-racing.com/News.php

Post Thanks / Like

Default O P C Nationals Sept 3-5

I will be attending the O P C Nationals with the Simbergers at Kankakee Sept 3-5. Never know I might buy something .

Post Thanks / Like

Louise and Harold Simburger both were at Bay City. Louise told me she hasn't been to a race for about 4 years, so it was sure great to see her there scooting around.

I just posted a bunch of pictures over at http://www.apba-racing.com/News.php, taken by Kevin Johnston. He's good!

Post Thanks / Like

PS

JR Saffold was the talk of the weekend. That boy is just simply one heck of a racer! During qualification heats, his motor wouldnt start, so that put him back in 11th place on the dock for the final on Sunday.

But that didn't stop JR! He started 11th, and continued to pick off drivers until he was right up beside the top three boats!

But during that steady move up the ladder, while passing Vince Voisin, his boat struck a dock as he swept the turn wide, and poked a hole into the under-belly. That hole continued to grow as he gave an exciting chase to catch Bill Rucker.

Each time he passed us, we saw more pieces of the boat flying off. But all that extra water didn't hinder JR ----- he just kept pressing and pushing... and man-handling that boat... .....until a little puff of wind lifted him up and over just as he got beside Rucker...with only 4 laps to go.

That was the most exciting racing of the entire weekend. But the top four Champ guys gave us quite a show too --- it was a really great day of racing all around, and everyone was quite excited. GREAT STUFF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miss BK
    PS

JR Saffold was the talk of the weekend. That boy is just simply one heck of a racer! During qualification heats, his motor wouldnt start, so that put him back in 11th place on the dock for the final on Sunday.

But that didn't stop JR! He started 11th, and continued to pick off drivers until he was right up beside the top three boats!

But during that steady move up the ladder, while passing Vince Voisin, his boat struck a dock as he swept the turn wide, and poked a hole into the under-belly. That hole continued to grow as he gave an exciting chase to catch Bill Rucker.

Each time he passed us, we saw more pieces of the boat flying off. But all that extra water didn't hinder JR ----- he just kept pressing and pushing... and man-handling that boat... .....until a little puff of wind lifted him up and over just as he got beside Rucker...with only 4 laps to go.

That was the most exciting racing of the entire weekend. But the top four Champ guys gave us quite a show too --- it was a really great day of racing all around, and everyone was quite excited. GREAT STUFF!

All I can say about JR's race is WOW
    I never seen such a race from anyone, he drove the S..T out of that poor boat, I mean I’m speechless my hat goes down to JR.
    And with no offence to anyone, not only that he is one of the nicest guys in boat racing, I can say that JR is today one of the best tunnel drivers out there PERIOD.

Page
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.spnmotorsports.com

Go Fast - Turn Left!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics of JR's final lap.

What a heartbreaker

http://phunfotography.com/index.html

After the race, I told JR that, in my opinion, he was the winner of the day.

He smiled and said, "So does that mean I'll get some money?" LOL

(PS Page, Tell Max I said hello and I do hope he's feeling better)

Post Thanks / Like

It was also great to see Mike Seebold back in the cockpit of a champ boat again. He is still racing Offshore with Reggie Fountain, but 3 days before the Bay City race, his brother and dad talked him into racing in Bay City in Tim's backup boat.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/kevinj/...s/pages/8.html

I overheard Mike tell someone that tunnel boats are his first love. He just is a natural tunnel boat driver and I hope he keeps coming back. (And he might).

Thread Information