Somethings that have been bugging me lately. When ever we talk about "Mercury Outboards" the subject always gets around to the six cylinders, whether inlines or V's. Now don't get me wrong, they are Great engines and perfect exsamples of state of the art engineering. But now some questions, inlines, "allways prop them for 6000 RPM or higher or they will melt down'. What about the famly man wants to cruise around all day at 3500 to 4000 RPM, is he going to have melt down problems. You and I know the answer, but alot of people reading this don't. So lets tell them, and how about some of the other Merc models. You know like the 65 hp three cylinders, 650 four , 850 four, 70-90 HP three cylinder and the big fours. We all say their poochs, can't get out of their own way, but yet they sold alot of these engines and people had fun with them. My first boat was a 1967 Glastron 143v with a Merc 650 it would run all day 5700 and 37 mph. and never had a single problem with it. Sure some of them had some problems and wouldn't go 80 mph, but I liked them all and still have alot of fun with them. Sooooooo lets give them respect they deserve I feel better now