Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here we go folks - E-15 fuel

Tomtall

Thumbs down Here we go folks - E-15 fuel

In the never ending quest for the Government to improve our daily lives the E-15 fuel has arrived! Ok. So maybe we will be blessed with getting E-20 after they do their trail tests of how well the E-15 fuel behaved. Hmmmmmm wonder how that report will read? Just ask a corn farmer that is getting his kick back from the Government.

Read the whole discusting story at ----

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...from-10-now-/1

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing its only recommended for the few cars sold in the past 4 years. How many stations are going to dedicate a pump for just those few customers? We may eventually get out of this mess ... as soon as people wake up and figure out regulating CO2 emissions means no soda and no beer. CO2 is neither a pollutant nor a "greenhouse gas" of major concern
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

xxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

No, poor argument and not logical. You took my comment out of context and changed the meaning.

That story omits the main greenhouse gas and its proportional relationship to the three it wants to blame which are actually minor players.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

[oooooooooooooo.

Post Thanks / Like

"Concern"

Ground storage? Who thinks most of the water is on land? I think they learn the truth about that in elementary school. Maybe someone meant surface, not ground.

If water vapor's part is not well understood and it is the major greenhouse gas ... what does that say about the rest of the "science"?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default don't let "facts" get in the way of the "truth"

Fact:

It is true the Earth is getting warmer by a very small amount over the last 50 or so years, based on past average temperatures over a much longer period of time. This is assuming that you can learn anything conclusive when these type records have only been being kept for the last 200 years or so, and the Earth is hundreds of millions of years old. (except if you are a bible thumper, then it's only 2000 or so years old)

Fact:

It is true that this has happened a number of times in the overall history of our planet. (millions of years) Climate change is cyclical, just as almost everything else that has happened to our planet since it came into being. We have had all kinds of catastrophic events over the millennia, including asteroid strikes (remember the dinosaurs?) floods, ice ages, etc., etc.

Fact:

In all those previous times of catastrophe, Al Gore and his minions were not around to spread the word, put us all in a panic, and extract money from us, all in the name of global warming or whatever. Since he he also invented the internet, he not only invented the catastrophe, but the way to let us all know about it also. Isn't he special!!

Fact:

The time passed since the present warming trend was first noticed and documented, and the total number of times this has happened have absolutely NO correlation with each other from the standpoint of proving, without a large chance of error, that what man has done in the last 200 years, is responsible for this temperature change.

Fact:

Within the last 30 years, some of the same scientists who are now claiming "the sky is falling, and we are going to ruin the planet if we don't change our ways", are now claiming the exact opposite in the way of catastrophe, that we are going to burn up, instead of freeze to death. This is a complete 100% reversal of what is going to happen to the earths climate and temperature over the last 30 years, from people who are supposedly smarter than the rest of us??

Fact: BILLIONS (thats a lot folks) of dollars have already been appropriated and spent by our government (thats you folks) to do something about what a goodly number of our other smartest scientists say is "junk science".

OBSERVATION:

I have now been around long enough to be snowed by lots of government flacks and folks with their hands out in the name of "we want to save you from yourself". I don't think I want to be saved anymore. It costs too much, with very little return, at least from my experience to this point.

CONCLUSION:

I think they are full of crap, and only want more of my money to further their own liberal agenda. They can go take a flying leap up my "you know what". If a 100 years down the road I am proved wrong, I will just blame it on them for all the other scams they have pulled since I have been paying their way with my hard earned bucks. Cynical, you bet, but they have nobody to blame it on but themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll clarify ... CO2 is a greenhouse gas of little concern compared to water vapor (that's where you changed the context of what I said, you left out "concern"), the main greenhouse gas ... and water vapor is well beyond our ability to control or even minimally affect, as you point out.

We are pulling out of an unusually long and deep solar minimum. Actually pretty well out of it; I've been watching the stats almost daily here for 4 or 5 years: www.spaceweather.com

Its really hard to say if there is continuing significant warming or not, many of the observation points have changed in nature and that affects the report from them. What caused the significant warm period before the mini-ice age that ended just a little over 100 years ago? It certainly wasn't our campfires or goat flatulence (we didn't have many cows yet).

Things certainly are warmer now than 150 years ago. We may never know why nor how long it will last.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Thread Information