Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 36 Runabout

Post Thanks / Like

Default 36 Runabout

FYI: More 36 Runabout can be seen at http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...read.php?t=486

65-O??

Is this Allen Sutfin??? At first I thought it was Ken Scoville, Sr.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 09-03-2005 at 02:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default See Chickeship Signed On!!

Hey, Mr. Curry...we really like REAL names here...But when I saw CHICKENSHIP.....I knew this was a REAL PERSON...

How about some stories about the GOOD OLD DAYS OF 36 Runabout??? You've got to have some Swampenback (dAN sCHWARZENBACH) Stories....How about the time he drove from Seattle to Apple Valley and only stopped for GAS!!!!

PLEASE POST some 36 pictures...

Welcome!!!! Keep us posted about SAn Diego's race this September and your ANNUAL JOB!!!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 06-11-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 36 Action at Needles...

104-C is Lane Curry. 12-O sure looks like Boasting Don Boster.. I don't know the third boat...Why did we call him "Boasting" Boster??? Well, he talked a fast race, but Danny usually won...Don was a good guy, owned a Dodge dealership...loved that 36 class.

The bottom picture is Mickey Schwarzenbach in his Hill Runabout and Ken Scoville Sr, in his Morehouse "Meteor".... That was what Lee Morehouse called his boats, "Meteors"... I should count them, but I probably have 10 Morehouse runabouts, and never paid over $100 for any of them!!!!

Lee Morehouse started out , after college, drawing for Walt Disney. Lee would draw pictures on the wood (on the bottom) of Mickey Mouse, before he glassed over the bottom. He boats were more "ART" than design, many times...

Post Thanks / Like

Default 711-c

Tito told me who this was, but,...OH, OH, Bud McCorkle another Needles racer...Use to work for Claypools, if I remember correctly...That was when Jimbo drove the bread truck....Rainbow bread, I think...

I know Tim Weber said the 36 motors sounded funny, and 20:20 hindsight, maybe we should have cut the "Snouts" off at the cavitaion plates, but have you ever seen a picture of a 36 runabout where the throttle was anything but WIDE OPEN??? Trust me, when you raced 36, you didn't want to back off, or you'd get passed by several...

My 36 runabout was named "TURTLE EXPRESS".....My best friend, Jack Woodruff had called his AU "Turtle Express", he was killed in a car accident in June of 1962. Everytime I won with that boat I dedicated the win to Jack!!! Jack and I did everything together...we fed his boxer licorice just to watch him drool...we played football, we played croquet, we water skiied...We water skiied five days before he was killed.....We water skiied two blocks from where I live today!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Birthday, Lane Curry

Lane, hope you enjoyed your day. I didn't want to start a new thread, as you and 36 runabout were always ONE.

I will never forget how much you did for SCOA. When you were Finance Chairman our club always had plenty of money.

Those whiskey raffles were the best!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR years of hard work for boat racing. Thanks, too, for your's and Steven loyal, hard work for Hill Marine Racing. Winning Parker as a class winner and once as over all was due in part to your hard work in the pits.

36 Runabout will never die in my mind!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

65-0 is my older bro Randy taylor, my dad red taylor and I all raced out of nor-cal for years. Dad in cu, du, dsh randy and I in ju, au ,36. We all belonged to EBBC for years. The first Salt Spring race ever was named after my mom. The Gay Taylor Regatta. Joe Price built his first boat with pop in are shop in back of the house in San Larenzo CA. He also built bu and cu for Tony Montano and a csh for Tom Mills in the shop then moved on to the North west. He built pops cu that dad raced for years 65-0 my last Asr was one of Joe's. My last boat was one of Bill Ruckers BRR that I drove in csr.

Thread Information