Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coming in March 2012 - The return of the Salton Sea Speedweek!

rossdbos

Default Salton Sea Speedweek- Cancelled

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I have concluded that we must cancel the Salton Sea Speedweek scheduled for March 2, 3 & 4, 2012. This decision was not easy considering all the time and effort that was expended by myself and others to try to make it happen but several factors that couldn't be ignored ultimately guided this decision.

I wish to thank all those that have supported me in the venture and hope that one day again in the future we can bring this event to fruition.

Sincerely,

Ross Wallach, Race Director
    RPM RACING ENTERPRISES
    Last edited by rossdbos; 01-31-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Cancel the event

rossdbos

The harbor is in the process of being dredged and should be done in a week so with that the Salton Sea Speedweek APBA-UIM World Record attempts is now on!

It looks like we have a date confirmed- March 3-4, 2012 for the Salton Sea Speedweek - APBA/UIM World Speed Record attempts/ Offshore Powerboat Race.

I am working on a press release now and as soon as it is finalized it will be sent out.

If you are interested in participating and or want to be involved as an advertiser/sponsor or volunteer please call me directly (310) 318-4012 or email me rpmracingent@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.

rossdbos

Default Camping Info at the Salton Sea

Camping info at the Salton Sea:
    Space if limited, make your reservations now before their gone!

Campground Details - SALTON SEA SRA, CA - ReserveAmerica - [CA]
    http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...0079&pstate=CA

SALTON SEA SRA, CA
    55 site(s) available out of 82 site(s)
    ALL (55)
    RV/TRAILER ONLY (9)
    STANDARD (46)
    Campground
    Details Campground
    Map Campsite
    List Date Range
    Availability
    Description
    Season for Peak Fees: 09/15 to 05/15.

The Salton Sea is 128 feet below sea level. It was the northern end of the Gulf of California. Sediment from the Colorado River formed a land bridge that made it an inland sea. It has come and gone many times depending on the course of the Colorado River. With the controlling of the river the sea is now dependent on man for it's water supply. With a length of 35 miles and 15 mile width the sea has 110 miles of shoreline. This massive body of water in the desert looses about 6 feet of water to evaporation. The salt is left behind and the Salton Sea is now 25% percent saltier than the ocean. Once a very popular fishing area it now only supports Tilapia; other fish have disappeared the the high salt content. The Sea is still used for testing high performance water craft. In 2007 there will be an attempt to set a new world water speed record. Kayaking and bird watching are outstanding. Mid summer temperatures reach into the 120s.

Park Kiosk Hours:

Hi Season: 7am-8pm
    Lo Season: 7am-8pm

Services & Amenities:
    Within Facility

ADA Access
    Boat Launch
    Boating
    Comfort Station
    Disabled Access Site
    Dump Station
    Fishing
    Hiking Trails
    Iron Ranger
    Nature Trails

Parking
    Picnic Area
    Picnic Tables
    Playground
    Ranger Station
    Restrooms
    Showers
    Swimming
    Telephone
    Visitors Center

Alerts and Important Information
    Discount Pass must be presented at the time of check in.

Your DMV Disabled Placard/License Plate does not automatically give you a discount on your campsite. You will need to obtain a CA State park-issued Disabled Discount Pass (DDP) or Distinguished Veterans Pass (DVP).

THIS IS NOT SALT POINT STATE PARK

Mecca Beach has returned to reservations as non-specifc sites.

Fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer, additional vehicles will be charged per night at the park.

Open to Reservations 10/1 to 5/31 each year
    Sites 1st come 1st served when not on reservations.

Getting There:
    SALTON SEA SRA
    100-225 STATE PARK ROAD
    NORTH SHORE CA 92254

Park is located 155 miles southeast of Los Angeles on Hwy 10. The park's visitor center is 25 miles southeast of Indio, via Highway 111. The nearest city is North Shore.
    Phone Park for More Information:
    Project Office760)393-3052
    Description
    Season Dates
    Booking Window
    Local Attractions
    Fees and Cancellation
    General Rules

Information from associated websites
    California State Parks Store Website
    Jobs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wonder How Things Are Looking

Any chance of running some heats of COR Boats sometime during the time trials?

How are things shaping up here???

rossdbos

Default working on it

Have some new sponsor/advertisers that we're working with to make this happen. Hang in there everyone, I hope to know more this week and either fish or cut bait.

As far as a circle race there, it just depends on how much more the insurance premium is going to be above the Kilo's. The Offshore premium (to race) was unreasonable so if it happens the Offshore boats will just run the kilo's.

I'm pushing very hard to make it happen.

Thanks,

Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

rossdbos

Default Update

I believe I have enough sponsor/advertisers to put on the event but in speaking to several members in the racing community it looks like there won't be much of a turnout - 3 GN's, 2 Comp Jets, 1 KRR and 1-2 Stock outboards and 2 offshore boats. Alot of work and money for 10 boats. If I am missing boats/classes, please let me know as I need to come to a final decision within 24-48 hours for the proposed March event.

Sincerely,

Ross Wallach, RPM Racing Ent.

Post Thanks / Like

We plan on attending Ross, if that's not in the boat count..

Marlee Hill

rossdbos

Default Salton Sea Speedweek Cancelled

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I have concluded that I must cancel the Salton Sea Speedweek scheduled for March 2, 3 & 4, 2012. This decision was not easy considering all the time and effort that was expended by myself and others to try to make it happen but several factors that couldn't be ignored ultimately guided this decision.

I wish to thank all those that have supported me in the venture and hope that one day again in the future we can bring this event to fruition.

Sincerely,

RPM RACING ENTERPRISES

Thread Information