Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entry Fee's going up

Post Thanks / Like

Default possible $$$ availlable ?

one possibility to get revenue to lower the cost of racing : charge a "small" gate fee or a parking fee to spectators, (i do not think any body would object to paying $5.00 to watch a good race ! )

rossdbos

Default Not really

Pat:

The Blue Water won't allow us to charge a gate. If we charge a gate at Lake Ming it changes the costs to rent the lake significantly (more costs) and unfortunately there haven't been a ton of spectators that come to watch the races even when I send out press releases. Long Beach is the only venue we can/have to charge a gate to offset costs.

I believe the group that puts on Puddinstone charges a gate and the county takes a fee as well.

Thanks for your response but we've been there done that with this topic, in Region 12 that is.

Ross

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I was talking to a guy who road races an SCCA Spec Racer (their most popular class) and he floored me when he told me he spends upward of $1,000 in entry fees for a race weekend!

Eric

rossdbos

Default Yep!

Add tires to anything and the cost skyrocket but boat racing has mainly been a "grass roots" level organization where the "every man" could get into into relatively inexpensively and have cheap entry fee's. Many a boat racer that left for cars, etc. came back quietly when the costs were found to be way more expensive than boat racing. No one said racing was cheap and compared to cars, trucks, etc. we still have the lowest entry fee's for a motorized sport. Thanks Eric.

Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM Racing Ent.

e-PerformanceMarine.com ePerformanceMarine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as the rescue boats go for any of the clubs, I can throw my labor and used parts for free if it will help.
    But I do feel we have to go after sponsors aggresively. Take ten small sponsors instead of holding out for the big one.
    Jim
    Jim & Amanda Rich
    CJ 72 & 53c

JR Performance Motorsports

Jet Drive Service & Repair

Thread Information