Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New here, with some set up curiosity

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New here, with some set up curiosity

Hi, I am from Lima-Peru South America,
    I want to show my boat here and ask some question about it, because i notice that there are a
    lot of information and history on this kind of boat and the racing class (mod vp)
    also i enjoy a lot all the general information about all types of boats here in Boat Racing Facts.
    To start i want to tell that all my family were boats racers on the 1960 to 1995 years apromimately.
    My boat is a Baker sport rally tunnel , my grand father bought it from Alan stoker as pleasure
    boat (seats, carpet, etc) in the early eighties. and he rigged with a stock 200 hp Mercury.
    Since two years i start a complete rebuilding of the boat with my brother, taking out some weight, also lighter seats no carpet only the basics accesories but with seats to take fun with friends.
    And also a new 2.5 280 hp Mercury.
    When i start mounting the motor on the transom i notice that the transom is to short for the 20 inches mid section , even with the jack plate in the upper position the maximun motor
    height i can achive is 1 1/4 below the pad.
    The boat runs with a three balde et 22 84 mph @ 8100 rpm the engine can achive 8200 rpm.
    Maybe the motor height is restricting some rpm.
    My curiosity is why this boat have the transom to short if mod vp rules dictated 20 inches mid
    sections and also there weren t 15 inches mid sections in those years.
    Maybe there is a reason i don t know about why the transom is short.
    Thanks and excusme for my grammar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Baker...

I'm re doing my Baker right now. Next time I near it I'll measure the transom height.

I'm thinking 20 inches was "STOCK" and we raised them about three inches for racing. We didn't have bottom water pick ups in the MOD VP Daze, we only had side water pick up, and you could not raise your motor up very high.

Great looking boat. What style propeller is your 22? I'm thinking you could gain some serious speed with a 24 or 26.....If you run with one in the boat, you could run a 28.

Thanks for posting!

ADD;

Your grammar is fine!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to remeasure the transom again but i think it is 21 1/2 inches counting with the
    first step in the bottom of the hull (the running surface).
    The propeller i am testing is a Mercury Racing Lightning ET 22 pitch, i have a 26 also but
    the sea have to be very calm because the bay is not to big and when the shallow water ends
    rough water begins and the boat start flying , i want to achive max rpm before rough water begins when the water is calm rough water begins later.
    Which is the exact year the model of my boat raced in mod vp ?
    your boat is like mine or is another year, thanks for the reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Al Stoker's Baker Vee Botom

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...+stuff&page=14

I bought this boat, but it was Al Stoker's Baker Vee Botom before I bought it. Sea Way Marine , Jake owns it now.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the same boat in race version กก wonderful.
    Do you know the weight of the boat without motor ?
    greetings

Thread Information