Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 141

Thread: Racing exhaust for laker 49 OMC

  1. #51
    Team Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Horseshoe Bend, ID
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default No luck at Wintech

    Quote Originally Posted by tunnelboat View Post
    This guy bought Nydahl parts and is reproducing a lot of stuff Its called ProFast now.. I would bet he has the core boxes for this exhaust .. I have bought some hard to find hardware from him. And it says on his website he has the exclusive rights to the Nydahl parts.. http://www.wintechenginemachine.com/profast.htm
    Just got off the phone with Greg at Wintech. They only have steering & hardware patterns - no exhaust systems.

    Tim

  2. #52
    Team Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Horseshoe Bend, ID
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Hustler racing products

    Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    They are still available the last I knew. Just call Tim Snider. They also make exhaust for other engines. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember. In fact I have a Hustler Racing sticker in my shop from the 70's.

    I know of a couple other builders of this Mod 50 copy as well. There are also many home built models floating around too. I have had great sucuess in simply modifying a stock exhaust. It comes real close to the Mod 50 and the only tools I used was a grinder and dremmel. I guess it all depends on what you want to spend and what you want. There are still ways to make a fast engine without a lot of fancy add on's or specialty custom built compoents.
    For all interested, I found this post from last year.........

    Bob Snider03-20-2011, 05:06 PM
    We are back. We have exhaust and down Housings for sale. Exhaust all the way from Yamato to Formula E. Down Housing for 4 Cylinder Mercs and Formula E. Contact Tim Snider at 573-552-2953

    Tim

  3. #53
    Team Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Battle Creek, MI
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default No Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    Hey Dave,

    Why don't you post images of your modified factory exhaust system so we can see exactly what you do? If there's a cheaper way to emulate a Mod-50 exhaust, your tricks would be greatly appreciated.

    Tim
    Trailer is in storage, exhaust in in trailer. Besides Tim, I build my own racing parts as much as I can. I would most likely NOT give someone in the business of building engines to wax my *** photos of the very exhaust that I use to win races. To me that is common sense, and self presevation to those of us that still believe in what we do.

    To all those that sent P.M. to me for pics, all in due time. I will address individually when I get the stuff out again. In th emeantime, there are a few builders of exhaust for a three holers, some are listed here, some are not. I can give you contact info of those not listed.

  4. #54
    Team Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    Thanks for taking time to measure and post. Apologies for the delay, I'll do the same tomorrow.

    Tim
    no problem glad i could help.

  5. #55
    Team Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Horseshoe Bend, ID
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default In case you were wondering

    Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    Trailer is in storage, exhaust in in trailer. Besides Tim, I build my own racing parts as much as I can. I would most likely NOT give someone in the business of building engines to wax my *** photos of the very exhaust that I use to win races. To me that is common sense, and self presevation to those of us that still believe in what we do.

    To all those that sent P.M. to me for pics, all in due time. I will address individually when I get the stuff out again. In th emeantime, there are a few builders of exhaust for a three holers, some are listed here, some are not. I can give you contact info of those not listed.

    That's too funny Dave! For any interested, I'll gladly post images of Dave's engine. It uses a factory OMC Mod-50 exhaust system exiting under the tower, NOT the Dremmel ground factory sandwich plate system mentioned earlier (that can't be done).

    Tim

  6. #56
    Team Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Battle Creek, MI
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Tim

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    That's too funny Dave! For any interested, I'll gladly post images of Dave's engine. It uses a factory OMC Mod-50 exhaust system exiting under the tower, NOT the Dremmel ground factory sandwich plate system mentioned earlier (that can't be done).

    Tim
    Tim, lets stop with the richard measuring already. My GOOD engine that has been very competitive to your engines has competed with both a factory exhaust carved out, and a Mod 50 Exhaust. The Mod 50 Exhaust is better, yes. If you want to make an exhaust that will compete and you don't have the cash to purchase one, or you just want to run it on a lake for fun, the factory exhaust carved out will do the job nicely. If you want the truth, I will spill the beans. The actual speed difference I have seen on a GPS using both systems is 2 - 3 MPH. Hardly worth a big investment if you are not competing at the top level with you record setting, Mason waxing, morphed front cover, Mod 50 piston, stroked, special head, $1000 dollar for the flywheel alone engines.... I am sure you have a lot of pics of my engines, a lot of people photograph my engines. You included. I can tell you one thing about my engines, they don't haveMod 50 guts, they don't have a expensive machined morphed front cover, special reeds or flysheel, or even special carbs. It even has a Factory STOCK head. All of mine do. Yet you seem so determined to prove a point by belittling what I do with so little. If I spent the cash you have spent on your engines can you imagine where it would be ? I don't even own a milling machine..... and I don't farm out a lot work. Bore jobs, yes. $25.00 per hole is what I am charged for that. I think it went up to $30.00 this year. What would you charge to bore a 3 Cyl block to 20 over for me ? Heck, you would not even quote me a price on a front cover like I asked. I am on the blackball list I guess. From all the privagte messages you sent me telling me how much of a jerk I am, and how poor I am at building engines, you should learn to let it go. The class is already declineing, the only OMC 3 Clys at Nationals last year in Wakefield was yours, and Josh Kimbles. The rest were 44 mercs, which are a legal engine to run in the class in APBA. But we all know where a 44 stands with a good 3 holer. It stands in the rear.

    So Tim, I hope you are happy with what the class has become, you pushed for it, and got what you wanted. The rules this year are even more relaxed, just as you wanted. Pretty soon it is going to be the Jim & Tim show.

  7. #57
    Team Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Horseshoe Bend, ID
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Too much money spent on mud motors

    Wow Dave,

    LOL!!! I'd sure like to see those PM's of me belittling your work - because you know they don't exist. And please don't be mad about me about taking full advantage of the rules that had been unchanged since 1991. BTW: Jason Hay, Cheney Street, and others have taken similar advantage as well. Aren't you unfairly targeting me? Anyway, while reading Ron's DIY engine thread, I now understand the problem....... Priorities.

    Tim

    Belt Drive

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I have long thought a belt drive would be a great way to go. Much less expensive to repair than gears. And you could do it between heats if you chewed up a belt. Hard to replace a gearbox between heats.

    I always wondered if a snowmobile type clutch would create the ultimate belt drive system for an outboard.

    Ron - FYI - I have more money in my mud motor rig for waterfowl hunting than I do in my best Super E Hydro. Those things are not cheap. The Black Death surface drive I would like is 12K for just the engine. I have a 35 Kohler Surface drive now, those are around 10K. Maybe a little less depending on what brand you get.
    __________________
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

  8. #58
    Team Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Battle Creek, MI
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Got Them

    Tim, if you want i could post them here. I saved every one of them. Even the emails. I wanted the record in case anyone ever asked. You might want to check your sent items if you still have them. Between you and Anthony, I have a full PM section here. I did print them out and give them to a few friends.

    But at any rate, why do you care about me anymore ? I am no longer involved in your class. I was simply pointing out one can make their own exhaust out of a factory system and increase some speed. Why are you against it ? Why do I even ask anymore..... good grief. I know why.

    I give up Tim, you are the better, more educated, more skillfull, more HP, prettier engine builder than I am. You and Anthony should work out some pipes together. I am sure they would be smoking.

    For all the other P.M.s thanks guys. I will get you the information you want as soon as I get the trailer from storage. I am glad to help those that want it. I have even loaned out complete rigs to guys to try, and they have beaten me.

    Tim, I suggest you take charge of the class, and become a comissioner in APBA Mod. It will make your goals a lot easier to achieve in a shorter amount of time. I know you and I will never be friends, so we might as well end this now. I have no wish to further communicate with you. I would greatly appreciate it if you did the same.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    Wow Dave,

    LOL!!! I'd sure like to see those PM's of me belittling your work - because you know they don't exist. And please don't be mad about me about taking full advantage of the rules that had been unchanged since 1991. BTW: Jason Hay, Cheney Street, and others have taken similar advantage as well. Aren't you unfairly targeting me? Anyway, while reading Ron's DIY engine thread, I now understand the problem....... Priorities.

    Tim

    Belt Drive

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I have long thought a belt drive would be a great way to go. Much less expensive to repair than gears. And you could do it between heats if you chewed up a belt. Hard to replace a gearbox between heats.

    I always wondered if a snowmobile type clutch would create the ultimate belt drive system for an outboard.

    Ron - FYI - I have more money in my mud motor rig for waterfowl hunting than I do in my best Super E Hydro. Those things are not cheap. The Black Death surface drive I would like is 12K for just the engine. I have a 35 Kohler Surface drive now, those are around 10K. Maybe a little less depending on what brand you get.



    __________________
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

  9. #59
    Team Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Horseshoe Bend, ID
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Jeepers!

    Will you PLEASE post someting productive for the sport?

    Tim

  10. #60
    FFX-61
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stellwagan Ledges
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the stock exhaust is a through back from cross flow days, it's for trolling, cuzz weekend fishermen buy new motors. best melted into some thing else unless trollin is what your lookin to do.

    Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tunnel boat Series history
    By OPC1 in forum Tunnel Outboards and Tri Hulls
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 03:21 PM
  2. Trivia
    By Mark75H in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:21 AM
  3. Class A - OMC Evinrude stock racing outboard
    By John (Taylor) Gabrowski in forum Motors and Powerheads
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 12:51 PM
  4. Old Omc Racing Parts On E-bay
    By mercmack in forum Parts and Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 09:36 PM
  5. Quincy 6 Pipe/Bell Racing Exhaust For Sale
    By John (Taylor) Gabrowski in forum Parts and Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 01:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •