A quick Ed Lane ...

This is going back to the 1960's, when Ed owned an Amco Transmission Shop,,, I was still in high school.. Ed would show up at our house in his big Lincoln Continental, and he and my dad would start balancing his in line six parts. They also turned down .015 pistons and generally, built some good in line sixes... Ed and my dad got along PERFECT, except, if you listened to them, you'd think that at any second either one was going to "DECK" the other. They never had a fist fight......but to listen to them, you'd start back up like holly cow, these two are going to get into a Pier Six brawl any second... They'd be cussing and calling each other names...Then, Ed would leave...they yell at each other like, "See ya tomorrow." This went on really, until Ed got hurt at my race in Needles....about 1968....

My old and and Ed came from the same ear...they didn't want anyone to know they had a heart as big as Texas....No one will ever know how many people Ed really helped...But I do know he helped Chad Hill a lot....