Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1339404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263

Thread: Building A looper Beast

Post Thanks / Like

Guess if I want to stay on the sticky list I need to update the thread a little more often. Has been a while, time sure flying by.
    I have run the engine on the dyno a few times as I continue to dial in the fuel injection map. I have reinstalled the dual plug heads with the chamber volumes cut from 20cc's to 16cc's. The ignition system, at least on the dyno, seems to be functioning properly and firing the dual coils effectively.
    Will run again this week and clean up and reinstall on the boat. Will be taking to the Pentwater Antique Wooden Boat show on the 27th and then look for an AOMCI event. Possibly Lapeer Mi. in September.
    Will See!
    Thanks Jeff Lytle thanked for this post
    Likes Powerabout, Dew1us liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R Austin View Post
    Guess if I want to stay on the sticky list I need to update the thread a little more often. Has been a while, time sure flying by.
    I have run the engine on the dyno a few times as I continue to dial in the fuel injection map. I have reinstalled the dual plug heads with the chamber volumes cut from 20cc's to 16cc's. The ignition system, at least on the dyno, seems to be functioning properly and firing the dual coils effectively.
    Will run again this week and clean up and reinstall on the boat. Will be taking to the Pentwater Antique Wooden Boat show on the 27th and then look for an AOMCI event. Possibly Lapeer Mi. in September.
    Will See!
    If you do go to Lapeer let us know I might swing up to see it.
    - Craig "Dew"
    Flyer Race Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Made it to the AOMC Constantine Super meet and ran the Beast and my favorite from the past, the 1964 Jones with the Modified 75H. Just a sweet running motor and handling boat. The old 6 ran flawlessly. Did throw a blade off one of my favorite Record props.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeZlRBmzyso

Got to run the Beast again. Not where I want it to be yet but sure has the potential to go. Was more about feeling the boat and motor combination out than speed. What I know at this point is that acceleration is strong. I held it longer down the front straight a way on the last 2 laps but they did not get recorded unless some attendee has them. If you do let me know.

I feel that there is something amiss about the fuel injection system as plug coloring is all over the place. Nothing even close to consistent. Looking into that now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBME7X_mxk
    Thanks Master Oil Racing Team, Powerabout thanked for this post

Thread Information