Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With The Demise of Our President

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me Ron, but I didn't know that Russ would balance the books. I always thought he tilted them in his favor.

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Balanced

Three Bananas and three Green Bells. The problem is you MUST have four peppers to get points and everyone knows you can't combine classes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Made Your Point

I've told you of my concern about green peppers. Many of them are not stock--they're illegal. I guess you're trying to imply that the above ar not illegals. Hanging out with bananas???

IN Arizona they could check those green peppers for green cards to see if they are legal. I think green cards should be a requirement for high points. We can accept national dues and entry fees, but no green card, no damn votes or high points.

Post Thanks / Like

Why couldn't a red pepper step up? A red would go along with whatever the rules were. (until it reaches a majority, and then makes the rules) m Okay...now I get why new peppers can't vote.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yellow Bells Have A High Vitamin C Content

What vitamin content do GREEN PEPPERS have? Red peppers vitamin content must be measured. And calories? My god, you couldn't let Red Peppers step up against Green peppers. But we do want their entry fees and membership money.

No way will "STEP UP" be allowed points.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely agree that step ups will not get points. But Ron...you steered me back to the very first question on my mind.

The Black peppers were the glory days as you confirmed and what I had always thought. That went back to the days when John Riner Woods was president and ruled the day.

I haven't gone back and searched those days, but after you introduced the green peppers, I started wondering. How do the rules work with green peppers competing against black pepper. and what about peppercorns. I guess that's what confuses me and why I was asking about the rules.

ADD: Don't Know of any vitamins in black pepper. Maybe some minerals.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peppers sucks

I think I don't like peppers. But i do have a great idea, change the color of the fonts to silver, I heard it working great for some boating group, maybe then your group will get on TV.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silver Huh?

It appears that I have peppers in my garden. So, green peppers won't get points, but they can enter and pay their fees. The National pepper Association will accept their dues, but no voting rights, correct.

Oh, hell, the sunflowers are not peppers and NPA is not planing to take on any more classes, especially if they aren't peppers. Sorry for the error with that picture, except to say, "Wow...cool sunflowers Ron and Laurie."

EVENTS:

Local Championships
    Region Championship
    Divisional Championships
    North American Championship
    Winter National Championships
    National Championships
    And last but not least, Championships of the Whole Entire World.

CLASSES:

Black Pepper (Know to not cause cancer in anything)
    Red Peppers that grow "Wild" in Master Oils , Texas, though without pictures theswe peppers will be a local class, without points.
    Jalapenos Under 3 inches
    Jalapenos over 3 inches, these had to be separated as the everyone know a three inch Jalapenos is always hotter than an over three incher.

Yellow Bells
    Red Bells

Green Bells without points of course (But look how good our Green Bell Peppers are doing...(They should be able to get points).

Banana Peppers (Free for all size for now, unless insurance regulations changes this)..

Chili Peppers Division I, II and III

Cherry Peppers

Serrano Peppers

Cayenne Peppers

Tabasco Pepper

Thai Peppers (Probationary as we aren't sure we want "Foreign" Peppers in our association, even if they pay their dues.

Rocoto Peppers

Habanero Peppers Ghost Peppers

And Dela-vino Peppers

Scrutineers:

1. All temperature reading will be based on the Wilbur Scoville scale of 0-1,000,000 in heatness.

2. Tasting is tow tiered:

A. Sober Judging
    B. Not Sober Judging

3. Heartiness will be judged

4. Chew ability

5. Digestibility

6. Events Committee will be the Events Co-coordinator but the Referee with have final decision powers.

7. Appeals will go to the NPA Commission

8. Commission decisions can be appealed directly to the NPA BOD who is the final authority.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Money

There has been a lot aof talk about dues, entry fees and and just plain payoffs. I have taken on my own to buy a bulding for the Assn. The NPA can afford it. It's in beautiful Seal Beach. It's a four story Palacial Office building. I call it the PO for Palacial Office. The NPA has the entire fourth floor. Our incoming cash box is simply PO box 4191. Send all moneys to Russ Hill, PO box 4191 Seal Beach, CA 90740.

I will personally deterrmine how to properly spend the money.

One thing I'm considering is a good consultant. Consultants are so inexpensive, considering how much good they do.

Each of you, even if you're not a voting member should send me your $50 dues. Remember they are not calendarized which means you wouled be good until this time next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Could You Possibly Do That???

Russ,

You mean to say that the NPA will charge me for July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2012? You aren't going to make you join again on November one?

By do this "YEAR ROUND" Stuff, you are opening the door for Region 12 to have Chillifests, and Pepper Championship in December. I mean come on, guys from Region 5, 6 and 7 will be up to their asses in snow, while region 12 will be having events near the Mexican Boarder....North American Championships..collecting points.

Next thing you going to tell me is you plan to count points from January 1 to December 31. This will clearly give Florida and California a points advantage that they don't already need.

I the new PO with in sight of the Seal Beach Pier? It would be nice to keep an eye on your telescopes (See-Scopes) from the new PO Office building.

ADD:

Anyone planing their demise soon, can endow the National Pepper Association with a "LUMP SOME" or you can work with your trust some that tje NPA would get month or quarterly payments.

Russ has a motto: TTFM (The the money).....

Thread Information