I spent most of my life thinking I was allergic to penicillin. Something when I was an infant happened that caused a doctor to tell my parents I was allergic. Don't know what it was or what happened. Never found out. When I had to take my son to a doctor to treat for food allergies back in the late 80's I asked him if there were tests to prove whether or not I was allergic to penicillin he said no. If I was even tested, that small amount might not show anything at all, or things could go really bad really quick. Several years ago my wife had to go see a doctor about some kind of allergy and she asked about a test. The doctor told her that ,yes , they did have a test now to check for an allergic reaction to penicillin. I did the test and it came back negative. So I don't know if I really did have the allergy and outgrew it, or never really was allergic. I don't plan on ever taking penicillin though unless there is no other choice.

Do boat racers still wear bracelets with blood type and medical conditions engraved on it?