Quote Originally Posted by zul8tr View Post
Do you have any pics of that Karelsen?

The record set in 1999 with a better engine(?) isn't much different than what you set back in 1974.

Kilo* Straightaway APBA 62.163 3/6/1999 Oroville, CA Gooffy Shawn Love Jack Terrell Sorensen Evinrude
62+ isn't bad for a 15hp OMC outboard at all, even with a racing foot ! I wonder though, how those KG4 mercs would work with the conversion stack as a mod? I suppose it could be used just the same.

BTW, I read where the ASH guys in region 12 are bailing out because somebody bought a new engine (a sidewinder), and are regrouping as ACH ( "A" Classic Hydroplane) so they can just run OMCs. Since it is a classic division they want to start up, maybe they might let the KG4 stockers back in too? That would be interesting. I feel bad though, that someone invested in a new engine just to have competitors walk out or not show up because of it. Doesn't say much for sportsmanship at all regardless. I hope this idea doesn't spread across the country. If it does then ASH will disappear with the new 15 SW all together. That aint good.