Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Formula 3 & Evinrude fr 31-m

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    ya it fills up all the time , best to just Email, gots the counter guys workin on that number, takin notes hear
    whats your email i did not see it on your page?

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Tboats@ comcast. net

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

And couple follow-up questions more..

Why wouldn't you NERSTROM warm up the engine without a propeller? Because the motor won't warm properly?

And what two stroke oil you recommend? I have used Castrol A747 on yamaha 70ces and OMC stinger and it has worked fine so would it work on FR31-M too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tokate View Post
    And couple follow-up questions more..

Why wouldn't you NERSTROM warm up the engine without a propeller? Because the motor won't warm properly?

And what two stroke oil you recommend? I have used Castrol A747 on yamaha 70ces and OMC stinger and it has worked fine so would it work on FR31-M too?

I think what Nerstrom is saying is that you need a load on the motor (whether a test wheel or propeller) when warming it up.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised OMC would go to all the trouble of casting a special block with the exhaust on the other side! Does anyone have photos of its interior?

Jeff (old Merc guy, but still interested)
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like the straight in, bridge port with finger ports is what i'm thinkin. load on , makes heat, or more heat. did see a merc 850 cc special moda once, it had a head gasket.... not lookin like thats got a thermo in it, so work is the only way to get to temp.............

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

31m and f1 v8 are 2 omc custom blocks
    And the rare 2.0 ltr v6 looper that were never sold afaik
    All 3 were winners right Jim?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Without a suitable load very little throttle is required to reach maximum revs, little throttle = little fuel = insufficient lubricant!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Right! I my old dirt bike days, we used to blip the throttle constantly when descending a long hill, to keep some oil flowing in with the gas (20:1 premix).

Jeff
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello guys long time no see !

The summer with F3 didnt go very well.. I managed to drive it couple of times but every time something was wrong.
    On the first test a trim system didnt work properly so I needed to test drive without it. Here's a video from the first test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2IlN9TiPts

On the second test our fuel pump broke and it might have damaged our other engine. I need to find out what's wrong with the powerhead. And on top of everything the tunnel of the boat cracked while pulling the boat on trailer.

But now the boat itself is fixed and the trim system should work now. So next step is to open up the engine and test out the other powerhead.

I also find out an interesting information according to my boat. It holds the finnish speed record at 157km/h (97.5mph). The record was set in 1991.

Thread Information