Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are they now

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are they now

I see a number of names from the past popping up here and often wonder where they, and others, are now. I'm going to throw a few names out and see if this thread can keep going. It would be interesting to here where all the old racers are now.

Lets start with Danny Piggot. I see he is a member. Danny what were you thinking as you were going over here?

How about:
    Chick Gagen>>> Owns a Dealership in FL.
    Jock Horner>>> I believe Jock is retired
    Homer Greene
    Tommy Posey
    Kevin/Mark Miller
    Kim Jernigan
    Bert Sera
    Terry Leatherby
    Bob Larson
    Bill Petty
    Tom Arnstad
    Doug Pearl>>> Talked to him about 15 years ago and he had short hair and kids.

These are just a few from different eras to get this started.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob Larson

The only one I can answer to is Bob Larson. He is still running Larson Marine, in Stockton, CA.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Kim Jernigan about 4 or 5 years ago. She is now Kim Powell and at that time was married with a couple of kids, still living in Florida. She still was tall and slender as ever with that gorgeous long hair.

Her mother, Mary Alice Jernigan was the head scorer for Formula One Prop and her step-dad was one of the officials too. But when her step-dad, Jim Everett, died suddenly (around '99 or 2000 I think?) Mary Alice didn't come to as many events as previously and shortly thereafter ChampBoat took over and PROP ceased to exist. I haven't seen Mary Alice for about 3 years and often wonder how she's doing.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy Posey and Terry Leatherby

Wharfrat....the last photo was taken at Lake Conroe, 1973. I believe you said you were there. Might you be one of the guys down by Rick Clausen's boat?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Likes srtgirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat 165

In the last picture , isnt boat 165 Bob Holloway ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hydroc888
    In the last picture , isnt boat 165 Bob Holloway ?
    Jack, I would guess it to be Bob. That was his number, and those are the colors I remember him running.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Default 898 and the picture above

is Terry Letherby (sp).

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy Posey

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    Wharfrat....the last photo was taken at Lake Conroe, 1973. I believe you said you were there. Might you be one of the guys down by Rick Clausen's boat?
    I do not know where Tommy is now or can I remember when I last watched him race but I do remember when I first saw him racing. I believe it was at a marathon on Lake Texhoma between 1960 and 1962. He was driving a lapstrake boat in the 40 to 50 class, I believe. His dad was copilot and I think that is was his father's 50th birthday. His dad was regional director for NOA and they were both great people.
    I seem to remember that the race was won by two airmen from the base at Sherman in a Glasspar G3 and Fred Shur of Henderson Tx was second in a Yellow Jacket. Both of these boats were running 70hp Mercs. Sam Canalito of Houston led in a Canalito with an Evinrude but a broken steering cable put him and his son in the hospital,
    Long ago but time flies when you are having fun.
    Tom

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I had forgotten about Tommy's dad until you mentioned NOA. That would be Ben, right? Good guys.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy Posey

Wayne,
    You are probably right with Ben as Mr.Posey's name. For the life of me, I can't remember. I think I may have a letter that I received from him in the mid 60's but I can't remember where it is located at this time. As a matter of fact, at times I can't remember my name!
    It would be interesting to watch an old timers race and some of them would forget to turn left.
    Tom

Thread Information