Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha 2-stroke value?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yamaha 2-stroke value?

Posted this question over on the Main Forum but apparently nobody visits that forum.

I have a 1987 Yamaha 30SH (2-stroke 3 Cyl) in excellent condition with a new stainless prop. Good compression & well-maintained. I was told at one time that these motors were valuable to the racing community for the ability to mod them but I have no idea. Can somebody help me with the value of this motor? Getting ready to sell it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

What ever a buyer is willing to pay and you agree.

Here is one reference

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1987...-Motors-Values
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I pulled it on NADA too but it seemed low based on what I've heard from others.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said

What ever a buyer is willing to pay and you agree.
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I get it. Thanks for your help but I was hoping to get a starting point for a listing price.

Post Thanks / Like

Sarcastic not intended just reality. Have you tried Craig's list in your area? In my area Orlando I see lots of 15hp to 75hp older outboards Yamies, Johnsons, Mercury, (not as old as your 1987) for $500 to $1500. So not knowing what your area will reveal It looks to me you might try $1200 as a start and see what happens?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I did search CL and NADA before I posted here. CL had nothing and the NADA seemed low based on what I've been told.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post this over in the High Performance Tillers section... The duck hunters made the used Suzuki DT25/30 and the Yamaha 3-cylinder tiller engines double in price over the past 5 years. The Suzuki is the hot ticket, but many are using the Yamaha as well.

The Suzuki's sell for $2500 to $3000 here in Georgia and it seems most of the guys are towing them to Arkansas & Louisiana to hunt with them.
    (example: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/5476386355.html )

Post several (five or six) pictures, including from both sides with the cowling removed so buyers can see everything and put it up as "Taking Offers" if you want.

Since your username is Mallards Only, I'm guessing you frequent some hunting messageboards we probably don't know about... Have you checked for similar engines for sale there?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying/ selling OBs is all about shipping costs. A 100 buck OB can cost twice that much to ship nowadays!

Jeff
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I sold my 1995 Yamaha 30hp for $800 blown up and the insurance company paid out $2600 on top of it. They are worth a lot to the right buyer.

Thread Information