Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Running Equipment

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Running Equipment

OK, for those of you that are planning on running some equipment, here are the rules & guidelines.
    1) USTS has negotiated with their insurance carrier to have your test runs covered under a Special Events class.
    2) You will be required to join USTS as a regular race member to be covered under the insurance umbrella. The membership fee is $75.00.
    3) You will be required to register to run in the special event at a nominal fee of $25.00, less than the normal race entry fee to cover any incidental rescue crew & ambulance fees. You will also be required to sign "Release from Liability" forms. Registration is handled by Susan Sailor & Denise Eldridge. They are usually located just behind the big Depue Men's Club food pavilion.
    You will receive an arm band but all others in your crew as well as all other reunion members will be required to pay $10.00 for an arm band allowing entry in to the hot pits.
    4) All boats that intend to run on the water must be inspected by the USTS Safety Inspector, Mike Weinant. He will mark your boat is some way to indicate he feels your equipment is safe to run out on the course. All boats MUST have a tether type kill switch. The issue of helmets & life jackets has been discussed. I don't feel that current equipment is required but what you have must be deemed OK for test runs by myself & the Safety Inspector. You will be required by the insurance carrier to have cut suits. If you don't, Todd Brinkman, USTS President & Race Director says he thinks we will be able to have active drivers loan you their cut suits.
    5) Running on the water will occur after Friday's event. There might me a small intermission to allow rescue & safety boat personnel to have a break. You may also be requested to have individuals that might be with you to man the small aluminum outboard boats for pick up purposes. Friday will be the only day allowed for running on the course. Saturday's schedule is usually very hectic & run late.
    6) At this time I'm not totally sure about the dinner time at the reunion. We will definitely not start until 7PM but will try for 7:30. Can't guarantee this.
    7) In the event that you have some reason that after registration you can not run, neither the membership fee nor the registration will be refunded.
    8) REMEMBER no alcohol beverages prior to operating your equipment.

If anyone has any questions contact me by e-mail jschubert19j@gmail.com
    Last edited by John Schubert T*A*R*T; 07-14-2016 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Update

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert T*A*R*T View Post
    OK, for those of you that are planning on running some equipment, here are the rules & guidelines.
    1) USTS has negotiated with their insurance carrier to have your test runs covered under a Special Events class.
    2) You will be required to join USTS as a regular race member to be covered under the insurance umbrella. The membership fee is $75.00.
    3) You will be required to register to run in the special event at a nominal fee of $25.00, less than the normal race entry fee to cover any incidental rescue crew & ambulance fees. You will also be required to sign "Release from Liability" forms. Registration is handled by Susan Sailor & Denise Eldridge. They are usually located just behind the big Depue Men's Club food pavilion.
    You will receive an arm band but all others in your crew as well as all other reunion members will be required to pay $10.00 for an arm band allowing entry in to the hot pits.
    4) All boats that intend to run on the water must be inspected by the USTS Safety Inspector, Mike Weinant. He will mark your boat is some way to indicate he feels your equipment is safe to run out on the course. All boats MUST have a tether type kill switch. The issue of helmets & life jackets has been discussed. I don't feel that current equipment is required but what you have must be deemed OK for test runs by myself & the Safety Inspector. You will be required by the insurance carrier to have cut suits. If you don't, Todd Brinkman, USTS President & Race Director says he thinks we will be able to have active drivers loan you their cut suits.
    5) Running on the water will occur after Friday's event. There might me a small intermission to allow rescue & safety boat personnel to have a break. You may also be requested to have individuals that might be with you to man the small aluminum outboard boats for pick up purposes. Friday will be the only day allowed for running on the course. Saturday's schedule is usually very hectic & run late.
    6) At this time I'm not totally sure about the dinner time at the reunion. We will definitely not start until 7PM but will try for 7:30. Can't guarantee this.
    7) In the event that you have some reason that after registration you can not run, neither the membership fee nor the registration will be refunded.
    8) REMEMBER no alcohol beverages prior to operating your equipment.

If anyone has any questions contact me by e-mail jschubert19j@gmail.com
    Thanks John .See you at Depue.
    Bruce

Thread Information