Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Eric Paul Wolfe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eric Paul Wolfe

" a little history" Part 58 Eric Paul Wolfe, Syracuse, N.Y. 2
    Inbox

• Karl Williams
      Normally we would run the history of a Canadian boat racer this evening. Although Eric Paul Wolfe was from Syracuse, N.Y. he had a profound influence on boat racing and racers in Canada. At this time we are not sure of the correct spelling for Eric’s last name. Thanks to Ted Abel and Doug Reed for information on tonights history. Eric Paul Wolff was from Syracuse New York and raced in both APBA and CBF. Eric usually was in the top 5 in points, in the United States and Canada and was an excellent D Stock Hydro driver. Just to watch Eric run his Marchetti pickelfork hydro was always something to watch. He ran Floyd Hopkins props from Louisiana. Eric as well as being a very tough competitor was also a great friend to many and helped even more. Eric was often misunderstood as he had quite a fearless swagger to him, but had a very gentle and humorous personality . He also loved kids and he mentored many J Stock Hydro drivers especially my son Eric at the time. Eric raced in the sixties and seventies right up until the time of his death where he choked in his sleep from epilepsy. Eric Wolff was only in his mid thirties when he passed. Eric would drive anywhere to find good competition and my family was happy to call him a friend. Eric's Trophy is present annually at the Fisher's Landing Race at Crystal Lake. What better race to have it presented as past and current racers come from all over to participate. Hats off to FLRC and the Reed family for making this fine event possible. In the photo Eric won either the High Points or Nationals Plaque in CBF in DSH Hydro and he also won at least one Canadian Nationals. A great competitor. In a story I just got from Doug Reed of Fishers Landing New York. Doug had borrowed Eric Wolf’s DSH engine for DSR Runabout. Eric neglected to tell Doug the bushings were bad in the midshaft housing and Doug made a great start and was out front when the boat broached and threw Doug Reed out of his runabout. In Doug’s words “I had to swim

Thu, Jul 15 at 5:49 PM

• Ted Abel

Thu, Jul 15 at 6:12 PM

If anyone can help on Eric Wolfe Bio such as Photos, Date Of Birth and Death, Photos or an experience with him would be appreciated for a Part 2. Let’s from you with your own Bio’s as well.

Just tick the Word Icon above for the TEMPLATE QUESTIONAIRE! It’s real easy to fill out.

Thank you
      Karl Williams karkwilliansv1000@gmail.com
      Ted Abel tga.race7@gmail.com

Yes! To Be Remembered is a big deal and this series is up to Number 58 and goes out all over North America. With thanks to Ron Hill as well for distribution.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 8:41 PM

Subject: " a little history" Part 58 Eric Paul Wolfe, Syracuse, N.Y.

Normally we would run the history of a Canadian boat racer this evening. Although Eric Paul Wolfe was from Syracuse, N.Y. he had a profound influence on boat racing and racers in Canada. At this time we are not sure of the correct spelling for Eric’s last name. Thanks to Ted Abel and Doug Reed for information on tonights history.

Eric Paul Wolff was from Syracuse New York and raced in both APBA and CBF. Eric usually was in the top 5 in points, in the United States and Canada and was an excellent D Stock Hydro driver. Just to watch Eric run his Marchetti pickelfork hydro was always something to watch. He ran Floyd Hopkins props from Louisiana. Eric as well as being a very tough competitor was also a great friend to many and helped even more. Eric was often misunderstood as he had quite a fearless swagger to him, but had a very gentle and humorous personality . He also loved kids and he mentored many J Stock Hydro drivers especially my son Eric at the time. Eric raced in the sixties and seventies right up until the time of his death where he choked in his sleep from epilepsy. Eric Wolff was only in his mid thirties when he passed. Eric would drive anywhere to find good competition and my family was happy to call him a friend. Eric's Trophy is present annually at the Fisher's Landing Race at Crystal Lake. What better race to have it presented as past and current racers come from all over to participate. Hats off to FLRC and the Reed family for making this fine event possible.

In the photo Eric won either the High Points or Nationals Plaque in CBF in DSH Hydro and he also won at least one Canadian Nationals. A great competitor.

In a story I just got from Doug Reed of Fishers Landing New York.

Doug had borrowed Eric Wolf’s DSH engine for DSR Runabout. Eric neglected to tell Doug the bushings were bad in the midshaft housing and Doug made a great start and was out front when the boat broached and threw Doug Reed out of his runabout. In Doug’s words “I had to swim a long way to catch up with my boat”. Doug was driving the famous 28 N and never fell out!

Eric Paul Wolfe, Dr. Larry Burns, Bill Boulter at the November 1976 CBF Convention and Awards banquet. In the photo Eric won either the High Points or Nationals Plaque in CBF in DSH Hydro and he also won at least one Canadian Nationals. A great competitor

Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Eric and myself were very competitive love racing against him I think his numbers were 19N ,On the shore we got along very well as friends until his passing. Always remembering him may he rest in peace Eric

. until

Thread Information