Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michigan Prop

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oopzdoo View Post
    To help with my search, I've told to search for an old JU prop and adapter. dragoon miniatures I guess I didn't know that the prop had a separate adapter. I'll stay on the hunt. Again, All leads https://eldfall-chronicles.com/
    Thanks Dave.
    Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're doing some research for a project. It can be hard to know where to start sometimes, but that's why the forum community is here. We are all here to help each other out. If you can provide some more specific information about the prop and adapter, our knowledgeable members may be able to give you some helpful leads. Good luck with your search!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I put the specs in my original post. I found a reference to Michigan Prop "AJ 520". It is 6 3/8 x6 1/2 left hand 2 blade. The chart says it was used for J utility with a one hundred pound driver. The Merc Mark five and Super Five have a splined prop shaft , just under 1/2 inch diameter in diameter. The book talks about an adapter for the prop to fit the shaft, but I haven't found info to lead me to that. I have found some props with close to the right diameter, but way to much pitch. So I'm still looking. Thanks for your reply and any help. Dave

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanFHobart View Post
    Would it be possible to have the prop digitized and copied on a Sharp edge shop CNC machine? It’s probably is not that expensive….. just a guess.
    Certainly, digitizing and copying a propeller using CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining is a viable option. CNC machining allows for precision and accuracy in replicating the design.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply. I need to find a prop to copy and so far that has been a challenge. Old outboard meets are starting soon. Seems to a good resource for info, but not an actual piece so far. I will check with my local machine shops to see who can help. Thanks for your tip. Dave

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oopzdoo View Post
    To help with my search, I've told to search for an old JU prop and adapter. I guess I didn't know that the prop had a separate adapter. I'll stay on the hunt. Again, All leads appreciated
    Thanks Dave.
    Best of luck with your search for the prop and adapter.

Thread Information