Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dick Scopinich N-72

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dick Scopinich N-72

I am sorry to report the passing of Dick Scopinich, a true Long Island boat racer. Dick left us Sunday night in his home after a short illiness. I remember Dick as the first person to help me when I started racing in 1968 with the Eastern Outboard Racing Club of Long Island. After being lapped it was Dick that invited me to his home and went over my entire Merc KG4-H, set it up and gave me a prop to run better. In my second race I still came in last but not lapped, he taught me so much that day. Dick"s love for boat racing continued through his life although not as an active driver his always managed to come to a local event. He has supported so many racers from the L.I. area over the years in so many ways. Dick was an artist and boat builder. He did most of the boat lettering for the club members and to this day he has been the only one to letter any of our boats.
    In the early 1970 Dick ran a series of Alky equipment from a BOH Quincy on a Scopinich Runabout and later a Konig FA. Dick was the 1973 National Champios in Fomula E Hydro and APBA Divisional Champion. He later competed in 500 Hydro with a Zak Konig and Butts Hydro. Also was deck rider for Bill Fales in the 1100 cc Runabout with the potant Fales/Langdon 6 Looper.
    Dick will be truly missed in the Boat Racing World as he has contributed so much to it in his life. Enclosed is a few photo,s of Dick in his "racing" days.
    Thank,s Dick for all you have done for our sport of "Outboard Racing". God bless you and we will all meet again.

Bob Rusnak N-96
    Don Rusnak N-9

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...Dick+Scopinich
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark75H; 12-11-2006 at 06:28 PM.
    Bob Rusnak

Thread Information