I had a long answer to your question Ray, but then my computer crashed twice so I never tried again. The short answer is no more signs and the rest of the story is that it caused me a lot of grief. We all understood the meaning out of frustration, but for those that didn't, It made them plenty mad.

Now this BS story comes to mind after looking at and reading comments about Skoontz's rendering of Miss KT's boat in a port side red and starboard side green color scheme. The comment about it being one color down one straightaway and a different color down the other was very funny. It reminded me of a story I was told by Joe Rome a number of years ago and retold it here on BRF awhile back, but it really belongs in Russ's BS thread. I would like to be on the sidelines and hear Joe tell it to Russ in person, but anyway....here goes.

Joe has loved and been around racing since he was probably 6 or 7. When he wasn't boat racing, he was involved in car racing. I don't remember who owned or drove the car, but early one Sunday morning they were headed to a stock car race south of Houston. They stopped at a service station in Ganado. In those days US 59 went straight through all the small towns. No bypasses. When they went to start the car the motor just went "rrruunhh......rrruunhhh". The tow car had a hemi that had just been reworked and was tight. The 6 volt electrical system wasn't ginnin' up to snuff so they decided that they would push the tow car with the race car. They had a 1950 Ford with a supercharged 390 hooked up to a tow bar.

They needed to get to about 35 mph to crank up the tow car as it was automatic. For a quiet Sunday morning that race car rattled all the windows in town. They got the tow car started then headed off. Just as they got out of town they passed a red chevy pickup parked on the right side of the road. They waved and continued on.

When Joe and his buddies got into Edna, there was a road block. The driver asked "What's the problem officer?" One replied "We were told to hold you for the Constable from Ganado". Just then the Constable comes huffing up. Joe says he was the model for Buford T. Justice in every manner from looks and attitude to intelligence. "CRANK IT UP"...he roared! Joe's saying to himself "Please start.....please..please start." And it did. Everyone in the car was momentarily relieved until the constable began looking back and forth between the tow car and the race car said "What? Black.....red? Did you guys see a car towing a red race car go by"? "Yep" , blurted out the driver, "goin' about a hunnerd an twenny miles an hour."

That was about the time Joe glanced back at the tow car and saw the reflection of their black race car in a show room window with the right side covered in red primer from unfinished repairs from the previous race. "Oh Lord, please don't let them look up....please Lord." Joe was sweating bullets when constable Buford T. Justice promised "We'll git em on the way back."

They took the long way home. And that ain't no (bleep)