Russ,
This is a great pic. The site has become a text for the history of racing. I was pleased to see a mention of Frank Lane. Recall visiting his shop often. You know, he and my Dad remained friends for the remainder of their lives. Frank and his wife retired to Arizona and stayed in contact with us for years. Frank was a long time Johnson and Evinrude dealer. I think he raced inboards?
Another historic figure certainly was your Dad Wayne. He was the sole driving force behind Texas Outboard Racing. He even named the division we know as PRO. Racing in Texas sadly declined after he retired. There were so many great races and racers, thanks to Baldy. Had the pleasure of speaking with him a few tears ago about cutting oils. I do not think anyone did more for the sport. A wonderful host and really a great guy.
Another I see mentioned often is Jay Root. I do not think there was a nicer guy to ever race. Jay always looked out for others and I know Doc would have liked you for a son in law. Great to see so many on and in the website.