Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...nt-Fred-Bowden

I knew Fred has been "Under the weather" since October. We have emailed for more than ten years. When I had not received one of his emails, a month ago I called him. He said, "He'd had water on the lung and heart, but was doing better."

Last week I called and didn't answer, so I called Bowden Development. Todd Bowden called me back and said, "His dad was making progress."

On Thursday, I'd driving our old Ford 250 truck, no blue tooth, and I get a call from Fred. (I have 4,000 pounds of steel on a F250, so I let it go to voice mail).

When I listened to the voice mail, I had to laugh. Fred said, "He'd seen me going down the freeway." I assumed he was heading for Parker, I figured I'd call him Tuesday and Tuesday's are easier for me to call and we could shoot the breeze.

I guess he made it to Parker. He felt tired, Saturday afternoon. He took a nap and never work up.

Fred was always good to me, he was a good sponsor for my son. When Fred would give Chad sponsor money, he's always make the check out to Chad, AND REMIND ME THE MONEY WAS FOR CHAD.

God Speed, OLD FRIEND!
A fixture in the boat racing community, quite a competitor and loved the sport, found this in my files, 1981 I believe, they made them lite those days. You'll be missed Fred.bowden.pdf