Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seebold prop?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seebold prop?

This prop was handed to me by someone about 25 years ago. I can't remember who gave it to me. But I remember he thrust it toward me and said, "here ya go, maybe you can fix it!" He said it was on a motor/boat when the boat fell off the stand. I just pulled it out for the first time since then, and noticed it reads Seebold on the side. This prop looks like an old Michigan wheel, but I can find no maker ID on it. The pitch and diameter on it read: 7 1/4 X 13.
    I don't have any use for this. But if anyone wants it, send me an Email. I just ask for shipping cost of $10.00 to the U.S.
    I'd like to see this go to someone who has some sentimental appreciation for it.
    Thanks. Jeff
    yungracer@sbcglobal.net
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Jeff Yungen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Virtual Museum

Might put these pictures in the Virtual Museum. I plan to post some Seebold wheels, later this week, if I learn how to post with my new camera...

I had a Seebold wheel with the same numbers on it...mind had a 15 MM shaft, and I bought it off the back of Bill Seebold, Jr's C Racing Runabout, at DePue, 1968...(I bought it from Grandpa Seebold)...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 06-19-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The maker IS Seebold Jeff. We had many 7 X 13, but the only records I have left show we had a Seebold 113 SSC and it was 6 5/8 X 13. It is hard to tell, but it looks like a standard shear pin hole. There are some other writings it looks like. Maybe C 44? That could be a clue as to who it was originally made for, but it is hard to read. If you have no other takers, I would be interested.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love it but you will have to wait till the pay checks clear as the secretary cleaned out the payroll account last week and split and we are all broke until the owner makes good on them later this week.... life sucks some time!!!!

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    The maker IS Seebold Jeff.
    Oops! My ignorance is showning! There's another reason why I want this prop to go to someone else. Someone who knows a little about it.
    So, I guess since the maker was Seebold, this is not much of a unique prop. But I'm sure someone would like it. Looks like you get it Carl. Send me your info.
    yungracer@sbcglobal.net
    You guys are all very helpful. Thanks
    Jeff Yungen

Post Thanks / Like

On the contrary Jeff, the Seebold is a great find. I'm not sure what the SSC means rather than a 113 SS. Propmakers all have codes. For instance we also had a Seebold 112 SSTP, a Seebold DHL, a Seebold Super D Konig, a Seebold 112 SS 6 5/8 etc. I wish I still had the records of all our props. My Dad was the prop man and he had description and measurements of all of them. All I have left is three pages from a tablet with some notes.

Congrats on the prop Carl. Let us know what else the clues on the prop may tell us.

I guess the secretary is headed for the northern border...EH?

Post Thanks / Like

I would be very interested in that propeller.
    In the late 60's and early 70's I had the following Seebold props.
    110 -for my A Konig
    111 - for my B Quincy
    112 - for my 4-carb D Konig
    113 - for my C Konig
    114 - for my Rotary valve D Konig

Some were SS, some SST, and some just numbers, of course, they're all gone. I'll send more info in an e-mail.

Sorry. I didn't read anything, I just went right straight from the top to the bottom. Congrats on a real treasure Carl.
    Last edited by Tim Chance; 06-19-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added something

Post Thanks / Like

Default 113 Was "C" Prop...

I'd won my heat in CRR, 1968, and BillY Seebold was in the other heat. He won his heat, but my dad had timed both heats and said, "Billy was much faster..." About that time, I heard them say Billy Seebold had jumped the gun. I grabbed my wallet, prop wrench, punch and arag, and headed for Seebold's pits...

I asked Grandpa if he'd sell Billy's wheel as he was Dq'd...Grandpa said $125.00....I was ready to pay $200 (Very high for the era). Billy comes in and starts telling everyone he didn't jump the gun...I start taking the prop off...113 (7 1/4 X 13 Michigan)...Billy starts getting mad at me...I say, "Hey, your dad sold me your prop..." Billy goes up and starts talking to his dad in the same voice he'd just said he hadn't jumped the gun...

I got the prop and got out of there...I ran 2nd in CRR....I think to Jerry Simminson...

Hey Carl...I'll bet you I can fix that prop like new...Have Jeff send it to me, with the two J Wheels...unless you want it "BUSTED"...

Bob MacFarland, used to do a lot of Grandpa's work. Bob was Bill's son-in-law. Bob had a heart attack, working props in Bill's basement and died. Bob MacFarland ran two man F Runabout, sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New home for old prop

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    If you have no other takers, I would be interested.
    Wayne, PM me your address. I'll send the prop to you.
    Jeff Yungen

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I refill my glass of tea.....the address will be on the way.

Thread Information