Thread: Autograph Collection

Threaded View

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Autograph Collection

About two years before I quit racing I started to collect autographs. I made up some prints and took them to the races to get signed. Unfortunately, I didn't race but less than a handful of races my last two years, and most of the autographs I got were of European drivers. I made great headway with my collection at DePue though. I tried to take prints of everyone I thought would be there. I ran out of time to get all of them though. And I had some of Gary Pugh, John Yale, Johnny Dortch, and others that were there that I was unable to get. At first I was going to put these on the reunion thread, but then I thought it might be better to post them on the encylopedia. So here they are.

The first is Wayne Walgrave in his Merc Quincy looper powered Chapparal. It was taken during testing for the 1100 hydro at the Pro Nationals in Hinton in 1977. As Gene East and I were talking at DePue, we used to take them for granted when there were 6 or 8 in a heat. Just imagine the sound of this bouncing off the mountains at Hinton. When Wayne shut the engine off, it echoed back for a while. I believe Wayne came out of LaVerne, Minnesota.

ADD: I am going to post one photo at a time and give people some time to add any stories or other photos about the particular person before moving on to the next one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-22-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Thread Information