Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New QuincyLooperRacing.US Web Site is up

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New QuincyLooperRacing.US Web Site is up

Hi Everyone,

After many months of hard work, we are finally launching the new, official O. F. Christner/family, Quincy Welding/Looper web site that at

http://quincylooperracing.us

You can also reach the site by going to http://quincywelding.com

As we were going through the process of setting up the web site, we came to realize that this site should be more than just about Quincy Welding. Our father loved outboard racing, especially engine development, and dedicated his life to the sport we all love.

Therefore, we have made the new QuincyLooperRacing.US site into more of a history of kneel down outboard racing. We have a section dedicated to racing drivers that we call Racing Legends. We have a history of Konig vs Quincy section. (A Yamato/McKean section is coming.) There's a huge section called Memorabilia that has many old photos, old race programs, Rooster Tails, Hydroplane Quarterly & Propeller magazine articles. Johnny Dortch's page includes many of the racing pictures from his personal photo album, covering the 1940's until his racing retirement in the 1980's. We have a section dedicated to antique outboard engine collections that has some of the most outstanding restored racing engines that I've personally ever seen.

We expect that there will be many other pictures and contributions added as people have promised and committed to include their history on this site. Thanks to Johnny Dortch, we have hundreds of Rooster Tails, old race programs and other racing memorabilia we will be adding in the months ahead. We also look forward to receiving contributions from those of you in the racing community that would like to donate your pictures and information to the site.

At this time we would like to give a special thanks to several people for their contributions in information, pictures, web site assistance, etc:
    Johnny Dortch, Jeff Lytle, Wayne Baldwin, Tim Chance, Tom Schmidt, Mark Suter, Artie Neadeck, Dan Crabtree, R C Hawie, Bob Dunlap, Dick Ollhoff, Mike Schmidt, Ed Thirlby, Jim McKean, Sam Cullis, Bill Seebold, Roger Dykehouse, Roger Hinsdale, Gene East, Terry Topjun and Ron Hill.

Sorry, but temporarily we will not have a comment/bulletin board at this new site, as the person building the bulletin board currently has health issues. Please feel free, until the Quincy forum is ready, to leave your comments regarding the new QuincyLooperRacing.US site on the forums at
    http://www.Boatracingfacts.com under the Quincy Welding, Loopers and More section
    or
    The Boat Racer's Pit Stop at http://b4.boards2go.com/boards/board...=swampcridders

We will still keep our present section here at BRF under Quincy Welding, Loopers & More. Ron Hill has a great site and we want to stay a part of it.

Special note to people using dial up Internet connections: Due to the large number of pictures on some of the pages, you may have to wait a couple of minutes for certain pages to load. Please be patient, we think you will find the pictures are worth the wait.

Please come to the new Quincy site and spend some time. Enjoy!

Thanks,

Paul A and Diane Christner
    David Christner
    John Christner

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Paul. Everyone involved should be proud.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow!!!!!!!

paul,

great job!!!!!! i took a quick tour thru the new site and will spend a lot more time reading all you have posted. there was a lot of hard work that went into the project and it shows. all involved should be proud. thank you for including my project there, i feel honored. by the way you look good in the looper t-shirt.

frank

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and thanks for allowing me to have a sneak peek.
    This is what we all need to see. Boat racing history without any BS.
    Wishing you much success as this site grows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fbref5269 View Post
    by the way you look good in the looper t-shirt.

frank
    Needs a hair cut though!!

I agree, got a spare hour or two?? That's about what it'll take you to go through all the stuff on there!

Nice work Paul and Diane.
    Last edited by Jeff Lytle; 03-04-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You, Paul, for letting me contribute. Excellent Job!

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Now your on the right track, keep it up!

Now your on the right track and doing it right.......

Your father would be proud.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

After many months of hard work, we are finally launching the new, official O. F. Christner/family, Quincy Welding/Looper web site that at

http://quincylooperracing.us

You can also reach the site by going to http://quincywelding.com

As we were going through the process of setting up the web site, we came to realize that this site should be more than just about Quincy Welding. Our father loved outboard racing, especially engine development, and dedicated his life to the sport we all love.

Therefore, we have made the new QuincyLooperRacing.US site into more of a history of kneel down outboard racing. We have a section dedicated to racing drivers that we call Racing Legends. We have a history of Konig vs Quincy section. (A Yamato/McKean section is coming.) There's a huge section called Memorabilia that has many old photos, old race programs, Rooster Tails, Hydroplane Quarterly & Propeller magazine articles. Johnny Dortch's page includes many of the racing pictures from his personal photo album, covering the 1940's until his racing retirement in the 1980's. We have a section dedicated to antique outboard engine collections that has some of the most outstanding restored racing engines that I've personally ever seen.

We expect that there will be many other pictures and contributions added as people have promised and committed to include their history on this site. Thanks to Johnny Dortch, we have hundreds of Rooster Tails, old race programs and other racing memorabilia we will be adding in the months ahead. We also look forward to receiving contributions from those of you in the racing community that would like to donate your pictures and information to the site.

At this time we would like to give a special thanks to several people for their contributions in information, pictures, web site assistance, etc:
    Johnny Dortch, Jeff Lytle, Wayne Baldwin, Tim Chance, Tom Schmidt, Mark Suter, Artie Neadeck, Dan Crabtree, R C Hawie, Bob Dunlap, Dick Ollhoff, Mike Schmidt, Ed Thirlby, Jim McKean, Sam Cullis, Bill Seebold, Roger Dykehouse, Roger Hinsdale, Gene East, Terry Topjun and Ron Hill.

Sorry, but temporarily we will not have a comment/bulletin board at this new site, as the person building the bulletin board currently has health issues. Please feel free, until the Quincy forum is ready, to leave your comments regarding the new QuincyLooperRacing.US site on the forums at
    http://www.Boatracingfacts.com under the Quincy Welding, Loopers and More section
    or
    The Boat Racer's Pit Stop at http://b4.boards2go.com/boards/board...=swampcridders

We will still keep our present section here at BRF under Quincy Welding, Loopers & More. Ron Hill has a great site and we want to stay a part of it.

Special note to people using dial up Internet connections: Due to the large number of pictures on some of the pages, you may have to wait a couple of minutes for certain pages to load. Please be patient, we think you will find the pictures are worth the wait.

Please come to the new Quincy site and spend some time. Enjoy!

Thanks,

Paul A and Diane Christner
    David Christner
    John Christner
    Paul e-mail your address to me at jschubert@wi.rr.com. I have a CD with my racing bio, some racing pictures including the 1st Sid Hydro & pictures of my motor collection that can be added to your site. It's a magnificant site.

John

Allen J. Lang

Thumbs up Quincy Web Site

Paul- Great site so far and with all the old timers contributing info and pictures, you may be adding for many years. Good luck.
    Ye Olde Desert Geezer

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all the others Paul. It is obvious that you and Diane have put a lot of thought and effort into this site. I will keep a regular check to see what new has been added and reread some of the history and check out the memorobilia.

Thread Information