Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anchorfast nails?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anchorfast nails?

In view of my (our) upcoming Sid-son restoration. Does anybody know where I can get bronze anchorfast nails?

Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Nails

Dave,

I've had trouble finding the old Anchor Fast nails. They were perfect for boat building. Seems the only ring shank nails available these days are the thicker shanked ones with large heads, not good for boats.

You might try Aircraft Spruce East in Peachtree City, Ga. There phone number is 877- 477-7823. They sell aircraft nails.

Good Luck,
    Denny

P.S. Are you still shooting Target?

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Kinda the wrong place to find nails isn't it?

This is kind of the wrong place to find boatnails. It should be shifted off to technical, general or the classified area where it would normally fit. There is nothing historical about ringed boat nails!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denny henderson View Post
    Dave,

I've had trouble finding the old Anchor Fast nails. They were perfect for boat building. Seems the only ring shank nails available these days are the thicker shanked ones with large heads, not good for boats.

You might try Aircraft Spruce East in Peachtree City, Ga. There phone number is 877- 477-7823. They sell aircraft nails.

Good Luck,
    Denny

P.S. Are you still shooting Target?

Try Darell Sorenson, he still sells them to my knowledge.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

My avatar picture is complements of Fred Eckert. 1997 Hinton, WV Nationals Thundermug 20-H Runabout.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    This is kind of the wrong place to find boatnails. It should be shifted off to technical, general or the classified area where it would normally fit. There is nothing historical about ringed boat nails!
    Since they're being used to restore an old Sid and this is the Outboard History forum my thoughts were that this indeed would be the place to ask about them. If instead I was asking about 1/4" crown staples or kevlar, the stuff used building modern boats, I would agree that this might not be the best place to have posted that question.

To anyone else that needs bronze anchorfast nails for their restorations, there is a place here in Baltimore that makes them and they have 1/2", 3/4" and 1" for $18 a pound.

Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be up to the Moderators to decide if this was in the wrong place seems to fit here fine.
    Your Never To Old To Win

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Yes it is always up to the moderators

I agree that it is always to the moderators and owners of the site. May they act accordingly as they do safeguard the quality of the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anchor fast nails

We buy all our nails for building the Speedliners and Sid Craft runabouts from Jamestown Distributors in RI.
    David Van Weele
    www.aeroliner-boats.com
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I carry 15 x 5/8" boat nails, but I am almost out right now. They are not Anchor Fast brand with the anchor on the head. I will have more soon, I have to order 50# at a time to get the size I want.
    Darrell Sorensen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't care to restore!!!

I have an old pro runabout ,60s , don't want to restore to as was condition but want to make it run as it did 1nce or better and only the deck is diff. than some newer ones. What type of fastners would one use on this ,new or old, it was built with the nails you speak of?
    Reason i ask is no loose wood anywhere but some nail heads have backed out slightly.

I've looked at a lot of boats recently and know this can be done.
    RichardKCMo

Thread Information