Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looper Pictures

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gene--Sorry you lost all your trophies & pics. I lost a few trophies in a hurricane and fire, but don't know what I'd do if I lost my pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't pick up a camera until 1972 and I lost the best of 72 and 73 after the Houston boat show. The only one I have found of you so far is the one of you on top of the trailer. It's posted on this Quincy thread. I'll keep looking. In the meantime tell some more stories and have your kids logon. We'll back you up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Witness for Gene

Gene, If wayne can not find photos Iwill be witness for you. One of my all time memories is seeing you run with a 44 on your sholder from one side of the pits to the other.And I mean running. Joe

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default and also changing pistons in double time

Gene-I can recall you changing a piston between heats at DePue, and if memory serves me correctly, you did it again at Alexandria a few weeks later. One guy who probably has the most and the best pictures from those days is Paul Simison. He is a member here. Would like to hear from him.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldalkydriver View Post
    Positive that is Jay Root driving. Craig Spencer and him were the only two that sat like "Tommy Ingalls", straight up! Craig never drove the De Silva.

Bottom picture is George Mays driving the De Silva with his normal deck rider. Mind you I say normal as in steady, not as in a psychiatric state of mind. You had to be a little crazy to trust someone else with your well being to go out on a deck with no control over what happens.

I believe the C-190 was either Ken Schmidt or James Schonenfelt (C-57) driving with deck rider from C-207.

I can't remember weather John had two De Silva's, or just the one and re-worked it. He told me once that he had problems with one used De Silva (he was thrifty, hence the name tighterhanian). Can't remember. I'll have to try and get a hold of Jay. I'm leaning towards the two boat therory as the grains are really different on the later one. I was only able to drive it twice, once in Alexandria, LA 1976. The same year that John had five different drivers at one race. Once at Bakersfield.
    Wow, what an incredible website! C-190 was Chris Buckley with Ed Brady (my brother) riding deck. Ed later bought that boat and raced it for years. I was probably 12 yrs old when I got my first ride. I can't believe all the cool stuff on this website!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jay Roots Lives...

Hey Brady....Saw your named when you signed on and wondered if you were related....to Ed.... How is he doing? Got any old ....dumb statement...got any pictures to post???

Like to see Kenny Schmidt's old Bull Nose DeSilva hydro....

Welcome aboard. Jay Root usually get on here about now (10 P.M.) He and his wife came to the DePue Reunion....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Hey Brady....Saw your named when you signed on and wondered if you were related....to Ed.... How is he doing? Got any old ....dumb statement...got any pictures to post???

Like to see Kenny Schmidt's old Bull Nose DeSilva hydro....

Welcome aboard. Jay Root usually get on here about now (10 P.M.) He and his wife came to the DePue Reunion....
    Ed is my older brother and is doing great. He discovered this website a few days ago and we have both been glued to it ever since!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

C190 Ed Brady (my brother)

Thread Information