Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The passing of Bill Boyes Sr.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The passing of Bill Boyes Sr.

The senior members, and for that matter, all members of APBA and Region 12 will mourn the passing of a very special person in the annuls of boat racing! Bill Boyes senior, at the age of 96 passed "over the bridge of life to a better place". Services for Bill Sr. will be held November 6th in St. George Utah. Bill Sr. was a very active promoter of boat racing through out his life, especially in SCSC. When I first met Bill Sr. he was chief referee at a Long Beach race, the year was 1967. My "jacket and helmet" was not up to his accepted standards, nor the standard set by APBA. I was new to the Los Angeles area and knew virtually no one to go to for help. Bill went out of his way to make sure I had acceptably safe equipment and was able to race that day. Later, as Bill Jr's room mate, we spent many a day having dinner at the Boyes home. Janet attended all the races and was a strong supporter. She always said "Rod, have you changed the spark plugs?" and Bill Jr. would always answer "mother please!" The family has always served APBA in a manner that should make us all proud of our organization. Bill Jr. and his wife Kay have learned well from Bill Sr. and his wife Janet as they are still very active in promoting APBA and the future of boat racing. Rod Zapf

rossdbos

Default Our Condolences

To Bill and Boyes Family:

On behalf of SCSC and RPM RACING RACING ENT. and the racing members of Region 12 we extend our sincere condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

Take care and let me know if there is anything we can do for you or your family.

Sincerely,

Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that there are many of you out there that would like to get unto this page. I would like to somehow keep the "passing of Bill Boyes Sr." on top for at least a few days. Ron, is there any way this can be done?Rod

Thread Information