Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McCrea hydros

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    .060" different
    .................................................. .........
    Figure it again. the Mk 30 has a bore of about 2.1094 (2 & 7/64" . The 40" block has a bore of 2 &7/16". (2.4375")
    My last calculation was a DIFFERENCE of .328 of an inch bore. Half of THAT is .164".
    .................................................. .................................................. ...............................
    Happy sleeving !

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Puddleduck, we are all "encouragable"!

Puddleduck:

We sure want to help so call us encouragable! Besides your a cousin to all of us here in North America! The colonies if you please! If I didn't say something all my relatives in Newcastle on Tyne would storm over here and beat me about the head for standing by while you put it in reverse and sunk! LOL!

Besides after reading much here we might get you enthused about building a 4 carb, 444 version of a Tim Kurcs gasser FE Merc 44 cuber some day? It would wake up more than just the UK countryside with open pipes!
    Last edited by John (Taylor) Gabrowski; 11-12-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: additions

Post Thanks / Like

No, Roy, the porting on a Mk55 and Mk55H are .060" different ... not "near identical"
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Open pipes in the UK???

Lovely idea John, but the only open pipes you're likely to find in the British countryside are drainpipes! We are cursed with the fun police in the UK - if it looks good, goes fast and make loads of noise doing it, some green-wellied, tree-hugging, bird watching ozone friendly member of the flat earth society will get it banned! This applies to bikes, cars and boats - bloody dead loss. However my club, the Classic Motor Boat Association, endeavours to hold rallies and meets with our old boats wherever we can - and we like fast noisy boats! Most of our boats are runabouts, but we also have several hydros and single steppers being restored orr replicated - take a look on www.cmba-uk.com BRF contributor twister is our president, and I'm current chairman. I also own a 14ft 1959 LoneStar malibu, an aluminium boat built in texas, and as far as I know the only one outside of the US!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Apology

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    No, Roy, the porting on a Mk55 and Mk55H are .060" different ... not "near identical"
    .................................................. .......................................
    I'm sorry, i thought you were talking about BORE size . I do not claim to know ANYTHING about porting. Except that every motor "needs some ". I missed your point , somewhere . I was sloppy, maybe . Sorry

Thread Information