Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: How Fast Will A Quincy 6 Go ?

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,
    This dyno is 100% accurate to the next engine that gets put on it! God knows how much energy is absorbed in the 2:1 OMC unit I got from SeaWay for $40. Although I don't have the balls to go full power @ full load with this engine. Just isn't worth the risk.
    Dad and I are going to build a simple 2:1 gearbox in an effort to simplify the entire system utilizing spur gears and a single stage oil pump for the "Dry Sump" gearbox. This mainly due because the Land & Sea Dyno unit is rated to 5000 rpm at the oil break.

Keep you posted,.

J-Dub

Post Thanks / Like

I agree you should not risk blowing this jewel on the dyno. Quincy Welding used a water brake dyno and could generate steam with a 4 banger. No need in blowing the the gears in the lower unit and over-revving the engine.

I just watched the video with the sound off (my wife is still asleep and I'm not stupid).

Will watch again later when she's not home!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Music

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    I agree you should not risk blowing this jewel on the dyno. Quincy Welding used a water brake dyno and could generate steam with a 4 banger. No need in blowing the the gears in the lower unit and over-revving the engine.

I just watched the video with the sound off (my wife is still asleep and I'm not stupid).

Will watch again later when she's not home!
    How sweet it is!

Gene we could go to the River House and just play the tape, but the tape doesn't do it justice.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

We could play the CD of you and Wayne Walgrave and Dean Wilson running against each other, but mine got destroyed. Bummer!

I opened all the doors on my pickup at a MOD test day and played that CD full blast. Luckily I didn't blow the speakers.

These Mod guys think a 44 deflector sounds sweet.They didn't know what to think when they heard not 1; but 3, 6 cylinder loopers singing at the same time.

BTW: The River House is now a biker bar called Kutters. I still go there on occasion.

However; if you want good fish in Quincy, you have to go to Jimbeana's. Jim and Sabina were the owners of the River House. I think Kutters offerred them a deal they couldn't refuse. I ate the first catfish sold by Jimbeana's on their opening day!

Norma and I had dinner there last Friday with John Christner and his wife Susanne. John had buffalo because they were out of carp. The rest of us had catfish of course!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OK Slacker!!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Tim,
    This dyno is 100% accurate to the next engine that gets put on it! God knows how much energy is absorbed in the 2:1 OMC unit I got from SeaWay for $40. Although I don't have the balls to go full power @ full load with this engine. Just isn't worth the risk.
    Dad and I are going to build a simple 2:1 gearbox in an effort to simplify the entire system utilizing spur gears and a single stage oil pump for the "Dry Sump" gearbox. This mainly due because the Land & Sea Dyno unit is rated to 5000 rpm at the oil break.

Keep you posted,.

J-Dub
    Ok You Slacker, get off your A$$ and get that boat in the water and give to us some info. It's gonna be February soon and you have not givin us a report on the 6 test. Don't give me that crap that you have been busy or the weather has been bad or some other slacker excuse! Hell anyone can run a motor on a dyno..... CHUMP!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How Fast will A Quincy Six Go??

Don't know, The Slacker won't tell us

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve...you and the mizz need to change the pitch in your mud slide machine. A little less pitch, a lot of cup and some slo RPM's. It's still cold up there. Don't want to go too fast before everything is heated up and seated in.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Steve...you and the mizz need to change the pitch in your mud slide machine. A little less pitch, a lot of cup and some slo RPM's. It's still cold up there. Don't want to go too fast before everything is heated up and seated in.
    Just waiting for my phone to ring from JDub, If I don't break his stones he will think I don't like him anymore

And the Mudslide machine is always working good, Can't wait to mix you up some. Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Default Litzell...

Just to shut Steve’s piehole... As most of you could hear, the engine never cleaned out too well. So we pulled the carbs off to check things out. We found 2 floats and a sinker. Dad looked around his stuff and found 2 floatless carbs, and no Carter floats. So I guess we are set for four cylinder engines but not for a six. Rich Fuchslin may be able to help. I just gotta call him, also he did offer to dial in the “Float” carbs for us. So at this point I need a float, possibly two, before we run it again.

Steve, See you in Chicago this week?

J-Dub

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Just to shut Steve’s piehole... As most of you could hear, the engine never cleaned out too well. So we pulled the carbs off to check things out. We found 2 floats and a sinker. Dad looked around his stuff and found 2 floatless carbs, and no Carter floats. So I guess we are set for four cylinder engines but not for a six. Rich Fuchslin may be able to help. I just gotta call him, also he did offer to dial in the “Float” carbs for us. So at this point I need a float, possibly two, before we run it again.

Steve, See you in Chicago this week?

J-Dub
    Won't be in Chi Town this week but I see you have a slacker excuse for not getting the boat in the water See Ya soon man, Steve

Thread Information