Quote Originally Posted by tim respess View Post
I owned this motor years ago and just got it back in my possession. I took it partially apart to inspect it. It is a running motor with good pistons rings and ZERO carbon build up. It has the original high compression heads, flex plate flywheel and a V-6 starter. When I owned it originally I sent the gearcase to OMC to have it resealed. When I got it back they had installed this pointed nose cone rather than the blunt one it had before. It has about 10 hours run time on the case and the last P/H rebuild. I plan on polishing it back out and restore it and rig it on a suitable tunnel. One thing I thing I think might be unique about this engine is that it has a hydraulic lift built into the swivel bracket which has 1" of up and down travel.
All of the 70's OMC race engines had the power lift, including the rotary. It was powered by a Merc power trim unit(pump, motor and resivor). They also had a second Merc unit for power trim. The gearcase appears to be the 14/27 used on the V-4 and early V-6 race engines.