I received by post office today three pairs of 100% cotton denim blue jeans made in Texas. And they were far less than what I had been paying for Levi's.

I have worn Levi's all my life. In the past couple of years I have noticed the quality fading while the price skyrocketed. They also have so many styles, I don't know what to buy. I don't keep up with that krap. I don't know a 507 from a 306. All I want is a pair of jeans that is durable enough to wear until the holes in the knees cause me to get out the pair of sissors and convert them into faded out cutoffs to wear in the South Texas heat. That's the way it has been in my life since the early 60's. Levi's were just a few dollars then.

Now I have two pair of Levi's Debbie bought me only 6 months ago that I can't even tuck my shirt into without holding on. Normally I could just slip them on then tuck my shirt in then zip up the fly and button them up. These two pair fall down. And they are very uncomfortable to pull up. It's like some hiphugger feel or something. Debbie had called before she bought them to ask if those numbers would be OK and I said "I don't know...just get them". Well....luckily, I heard about some American manufacturerers on Fox News not long ago and one was a company in Texas that made 100% cotton denim jeans. I ordered three pair last Thursday. I got them today. Three pair and shipping is free. I got two of the original, and one slim fit which also has a boot cut and it ever so slightly longer. They all fit great, and I can tuck my shirt in without them slipping down. They feel good and seem just like the old jeans I grew up with. Time will tell on how they hold up, but they can't be any worse than the Levi's have gotten in the last few years. Plus they are made in America and the price is significantly better than Levi's. All major brands of blue jean are now made in China, Mexico, India, Indonesia or other foreign countries.

I thought I would pass this along during these tough economic times for people interested in supporting the U.S. economy and not sending our money overseas, and that there would be good value and quality in the purchase. The company is Texas Jeans and you can find them on the internet. I didn't post this to start a rant about shipping jobs overseas, but I thought that maybe in other parts of the U.S. there may be other companies that BRF members may be familiar with to let us know about so we could buy American and keep our money at home and keep Americans employed.