Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help with boat history

Threaded View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with boat history

Hi I am new to the fourm but not new to boats in general. I started with a seaflea when I was about 12 and have had boats all my life. I presently have a 16 foot Sidewinder SS, 3 small seafleas, 1 for myself and 1 for each of my boys, a recently restored Hal Kelly Jupiter with a KG7H and my latest purchase a boat and motor I need help identifying and getting some history on. I purchased the boat and motor in Montreal, Quebec about a week ago from a gentleman in his 60's. The boat was his uncles and he was left the boat and motor as an inheritence which he has absolutley no interest in. Apparently the boat hung on his uncles wall in the living room for many years and there were a couple of other motors that went to other relatives. The Uncles name was Marcel Maheu and apparently he was a racer but after checking with the APBA they said he was a crew member in 1985. The boat and motor are in incredible condition, really what a lot of people would class as a barn find and after talking to a few people they believe the boat to be a sidson or sid craft. There are no remnince of any racing numbers on the boat and I have taken a mirror to look around under the decking and have only been able to find a Weldwood plywood sticker. The motor serial number plate is from 1956 (non H) but the block is matching numbers from 1956. Any help in identifying or providing some history on this boat would be greatly appreciated.

I can take more pictures if needed.

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information