I posted this on the tread:
In memory of racers no longer with us:

I thought some of you may have missed this. RIP TED!

Ted March Passed Away Today 1/31/13

I first met Ted about 1967 at the New York to Albany to New York Marathon. HE and I became good friend while he worked for Playboy in Chicago. For many, many years Ted would come to Havasu and Parker for the big races. He also managed to make St. Louis, too. His two sons, Bruce and Scott made the trip with him now and then too.

Ted would plan his business trips so he could help and the races. He never asked for a dime or wanted anything from all his hard work. He used to get so depressed after Parker 9 Hour was over, he'd see all the broken boats, and all the almost wins. In all the years he cam to help, close to ten years, I never won. We'd lead, we'd break.....We'd finish second or third. Ted did make it out to Parker, 2006, to see Chad Hill and Pat Bowman win the Enduro.

Ted moved on to CNN and moved to Jersey where developed colon cancer. He retired from work after the bout with cancer, but had older health problems along the way. 14 years ago, this month his son Bruce passed away. Bruce was a only about 40.

I started Boat Racing Facts and asked Ted to join in the effort. Ted wasn't doing well when we started BRF, and his health never really improved. We started BRF 12-13 years ago.

Ted was a great friend, he is survived by his wife Nancy, son Scott and daughter, Jolyn.

Ted's last few years have been tough years! Rest in peace! I'll miss my friend!

ADD:

One time years ago, Ted called me and said he knew where 10,000 propellers were for $10,000. They were in Gary, Indiana at a scrap metal yard. I got 10 grand in cash and jumped on a Monday night red eye.

I bought the props and got them shipped to California. I had to rent a building to put them in....Somewhere I have a picture of me in front of this pile of 10,000 OMC props!