Quote Originally Posted by R Austin View Post
As the plan stands today, we will take the beast to Hillsdale Mi Friday September 11 for a day of testing. Will take some videos, good or bad, hopefully all good. What ever the results are, they will be what they will be. If your in the area or have nothing better to do, it may be fun. I will also run the 60 inch looper. I also hope to run the smaller M-14 which now has the 60 inch deflecter from the beast powered boat. It is a great running engine and should be a good ride. With the exception of the beast engine, this is all original equipment, as run on these boats during the early 1960's, 1963 thru 1970 to be exact. I ran the M21 boats and John McMullen of Lapeer Mi ran the M14's. All 4 boats were built new for John and the best I could do was to buy his used equipment. As I have read by others on the site, there will be nothing like the alky racing of the 60,s. Had a good time, met great people and had FUN.

Hey Dick,

It's good to hear you are planning Hillsdale this Friday. My turbo 56 was freshened up, tested this weekend, and ready to provide chase. A GoPro will be attached to the cockpit side to provide on the water video. There are quite a few of people interested to see/hear/smell you run any/all of your spectacular boats: Gotta love the alky and castor! I plan to arrive late morning for an afternoon of fun the water. See you there!

Tim