Quote Originally Posted by DeanFHobart View Post
I thought that Sidewinder made them…. Also check with APBA… or inquire here on boat racing facts or hydroracer.
Dean,
I have no doubt they are out there to be had. But I know they are in short supply and the club up in Toronto is having trouble finding motors for kids and parents who want to race.
The ability to buy a 500$ lower unit as opposed to a 1500$ lower unit that’s difficult to find would help a lot.

Ron,
I only know you by what I’ve read online, Dean might even vouch that I retain a reasonable quantity of that read information. I don’t think getting props made en masse would lead to a good product but getting a part cast overseas and having the machine work done here when it lands seems like someone could produce a reasonably priced lower unit to get new racers on the water.

As for the apba banning it…are they really going to turn a 12 year old kid away from a race when the lower unit meets the technical drawings in the rule book? If so they best re evaluate their priorities. I don’t think anyone I’ve spoken to would suggest that what hydroplane racing needs is fewer racers.