I never drove one like that David, but I can feel where you're coming from. The boats I drove were made to fly, but sometimes when the wind was blowing hard down one of the straights, you had to tuck it in a little bit. We almost always ran a parallel prop shaft according to the pecker checker.

I can imagine what you were going through. The prop was thrusting the boat forward and pushing the sponsons down. Depending on wind direction, or if there was any wind at all, one straight may be worse than the other. You would be fighting the race course itself the whole time rather than concentrating on the competition. The thing is....water changes and moves so you cannot get into any kind of rhythm....you have to fight it the whole time. Your engine is pushing the boat rather than propelling it and letting it fly. I don't blame you for not wanting to do that again. One thing though....I didn't know that a tuck that much helped so much in turning. A lot of things we never tried. Thanks for the input David.