Just found this site while 'googleing' something else. These pictures are a riot!! Amazing what a few pics will pry out of your brain that you haven't even considered in many, many years.
What has happened to outboard racing in Texas?? I live about 5 min from the Baytown Boat Club and everytime I see an ad for races I drive down there and it's those stinkin' 120s and tri-hulls.
My dad raced stockers (T-1 De Silva), but we made a few of the alky races. They let our stockers step down a class (our F ran D, etc). I saw a pic in this thread of Rick Hartley's old "Alley Cat" YO-48 "C" running with a B flathead (Rick and my dad were pretty good friends). My uncle ran some alky races, too in the T-74 De-Silva. My grandfather ran the old TORA organization, also.
Wow, a blast from the past. I can't stay off this site. I've got an 11 yr old that would eat up some J racing......if there were any around. We're racing karts and micro-sprints right now. Wayne said something about missing the smell of alky/castor mix. Our micros run 600cc motorcycle engines on alky and we use castor as a top end lube. Not the 20:1 you're used to, but it still smells good!!