I certainly am not going to say that Mike O'brien never ran C Service with a 4 cyl Merc, but I don't remember him ever doing it. I had a good deal of interaction with Harry along in this time frame, as I had loaned him a boat that Kay Harrison was running with his (Harrys) A & B Mod motors on. I remember him strictly as a Mod person at that time and also Mike was running a couple the smaller displacement Alky classes along later on also, and I don't believe I ever saw him drive a Merc C Service or any other for that matter. Also were not most of the motors Harry O'brien worked on being used for Mod, Super Stock, and whatever else the sanctioning bodies such as AOF, NOA, APBA were calling what is the MOD category today?

He was certainly capable I am sure, I just have a hard time visualizing Harry involved in C Service. Also there weren't really that many of the motors (Mercs) around being run, at least at National events, that I remember anyway, as it was almost as devisive a subject as radios in the PRO category 35 years later.

P.S. Thought Bakersfield was in '82?