I guess that is what is wrong when you don't look outside of North America to see what everyone else might be doing! I thought a hydro was a hydro and a runabout was a runabout? I can remember when a stock runabout was very different from what Alky drivers used and I sure liked them more and so did eveyone else because they all headed in that direction anyway!

I come on this thread having 2 Butts Aerowings myself, one a Super C from around 1980 and another one that was built for 1987 or 1988 that goes like nobody's business down a straight, that is downright freaky but does not corner well and that is probably my fault through setup as I have improved on that, BUT, no one can tell me anything about this mystery Aerowing of mine and now I am hearing about hydros being outlawed for technical reasons outside of speed?? and handling?? somewhere else??? I thought that rules for Alky were governed by boat, engine displacement and fuel or is the UIM as ridgid as the Olympics committees when they are not out cheating to win??

This sounds as strange as the 1987 or 1988 Aerowing and its story sitting in my garage! I am unwashed here. What is this?