Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How can they do this

Post Thanks / Like

Default How can they do this

There is a dirt Kart race, (5 hp stock Briggs ) in Ky. that is paying $ 50,000 to win with thousands in the other classes . We have been in Karting a long time but i have never seen anything like this. go to 4cycle.com forums then tracks then southeast an it is Clay City at the top

Post Thanks / Like

Sponsor with big pockets?

Post Thanks / Like

well if you look at the thread they are charging a $500.00 entry fee & expecting a 100 karts in the class = $50,000
    The entry form also states $50.00 for parking as a participant.

Granted they have overhead but the gate admission will help with that.
    Some of the benefits to having a track that is in one place every weekend that the improvements are permanent and don't have to be made for every race site.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nbra

Danny,

NBRA just secured sponsorship of $55,000 for racing this year. It is not unheard of in boat racing any more either !! We have a big ticket sponsor this year, and look out next year if the other big one signs up for something in the works. It will change the way boat racing is done for us. If it happens the way it is planned it will be a huge sucuess.

The sponsorship to the NBRA only is from the Ethonol folks. You can see more on the flyers that are being posted around. It is a real big start to something huge.

Race with the NBRA and it is like it was back in Soddy Daisy and Kingston. FUN and the day desn't last from dawn to dark.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sponsorship

Dave, nobody wants this sponsorship to work for NBRA more than me, as you know i have been in boat racing sense I would stand in the water just to get wet watching Dad race in 1948 . I wish we could go to Tex this weekend , but with Tabor city last week an again next week we can't make it. I may send Jimmy to Ks to the NBRA race we will see. Karting is a tough sport this race will bring the best of the best, there are over 100 Karts in that class in SC alone The parking will be sold out an you won't even be able to see the track from most of it. The hot dogs will bring a 39 foot trailer with the Karts in it an a 24 foot trailer with nothing but tires in it. Some of them have riggs that look like Sprint Cup riggs, it's hard to belive how much money it cost to run anywhere close to the front in this, because the Kart shops make a living doing it. Most of These people are not like boat racers they are not your friends or family like boat racer are. I see people want to get out of boat racing an into Karting an I think its a lot of fun but you better learn to fight good because you will get your chance.We are still in Karting an boat racing but its hard to afford both. Last night my son told his wife about this race an she said let's go ( he is really good at Kart racing an wins a lot of money). He told her even if we went an won the race it would cost that much to buy what it would take just to make the race an have a chance an he's right.

Thread Information