Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: At long last - Merc 666!

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BJuby View Post
    Just wanted to add that this project is amazing. What great work you do, and I am certainly jealous of your access to all the tools, not to mention your know-how. Is this going to be a padded block? Can't wait to see the next step!
    Thanks for your compliments - this is truly a fearsome looking engine. Heck, it might even run good as it looks! No need to be jealous - just find yourself a machine shop and get creative. To answer your question: The block will run stock compression: At 66 cubic inches it's not legal for Mod, so there's no need to crush it. Deadline for completion is October 15, just in time for Mark Suter's October 20 AOMCI show in Byron Michigan. My 13' Ropp hydro "Midnight Star" will be rigged with the completed 666 and displayed there for all to see.

Tim
    Last edited by Tim Kurcz; 09-04-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Spelling

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More images

Here are port and starboard images of the 666, plus a front view of the brothers. Enjoy!

Tim

Name:  666.52.JPG
Views: 701
Size:  239.9 KBName:  666.53.JPG
Views: 675
Size:  248.0 KBName:  666.55.JPG
Views: 679
Size:  259.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Look at the number of post credited to you. Neat, 444 post showing the 444 and the 666. Some of us have warped minds, is not 666 the devils number?
    David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another beast?

Quote Originally Posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
    Tim Look at the number of post credited to you. Neat, 444 post showing the 444 and the 666. Some of us have warped minds, is not 666 the devils number?
    David
    You're sure enough right, 666 is the "number of the beast", though purely coincidental. 444 = 4 carbs 44 cubic inches, 666 is 6 carbs 66 cubic inches. Should I chose to built a Mark25H powerhead, it will be a 220.

Building so many custom engines, I found the need to establish names to remember critical features. My Mercury's have numerical codes, early OMC's have names or an acronym, while later OMC's have signs of the zodiac or predatory animals (because there are not enough zodiac signs).

How do you keep track of your engines?

Tim

Thread Information