Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sst-45 Progress Report

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pop990 View Post
    I live in Huntington Beach. I have all the parts of 2 45's- some really good, some economy, plus spares and tools. I will be taking it all to Parker. My email is boat990@aol.com
    bill,
    i am not going to parker ! any other way to see/pickup some of this stuff ??????

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Test spots in Socal

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERGLUE EXPRESS View Post
    Hy Dean

Nothing Around For Testing, Heard A That A Possibility Was Lake Hodges (only About 15 Miles Away ), But I Am Skeptical About It,
    Some Years Ago We Went There To Test A New Prop And When They Saw The Boat Coming They Freaked Out And Told Us To Get Lost.
    I Remember When I Was And Officer Of Ppbc Boat Club, We Tried Like Crazy For Years To Get Some Water For Races Other Than Mission Bay (san Diego Has Lots Of Lakes), We Got Shot Down ! Some Of The Excuses Were "our Water Is Very Precious And Short In San Diego........" Did They Think We Were Going To Take It Home With Us ????

Patrick
    They will allow you on Hodges any time you pay the entry fee of $5.00.

also, take a lap around the lake, see where the police are, and when they are oout of sight, then test a laap. If you can stick a GPS at 36MPH and keep it handy, all you need to do if they stop you is show it to them, because they have no radar....

You can also test on Mission Bay early AM, and the Carlsbad Lagoon. C'bad has a 45 MPH speed limit and rarely enforces it, but, it will cost you $25.00 to launch. Mission Bay is probably better and the winter is a great time to test because the bay is usually filled with woosies who don't like the temps below 60.

You can also run the back bay in Oceanside and if you go early enough, no waves.

Simple as that. I was out in the dessert yestaerday checking out Lake Henshaw for a boat race...Seems that one will be much more suitable as the pit area is larger. Excellent water.

Last, you might need to convert your 45 to a 4 stroke to test at some of the lakes. I have 4 stroke conversion kits for your engine ranging from $6.00 to $18.00 depending on where on the engine hood you want covert. If they ask what you are dumping in the fuel tank, tell them it is oxygenators to help clean the air....They uaually reply, wow, great! Wish more people saw it like you do!
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Post Thanks / Like

Default 45 parts

If you want a chance at the stuff before Parker, call me for my address. 714 321 2381 anytime Bill
    It don't get no better than this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    They will allow you on Hodges any time you pay the entry fee of $5.00.

also, take a lap around the lake, see where the police are, and when they are oout of sight, then test a laap. If you can stick a GPS at 36MPH and keep it handy, all you need to do if they stop you is show it to them, because they have no radar....

You can also test on Mission Bay early AM, and the Carlsbad Lagoon. C'bad has a 45 MPH speed limit and rarely enforces it, but, it will cost you $25.00 to launch. Mission Bay is probably better and the winter is a great time to test because the bay is usually filled with woosies who don't like the temps below 60.

You can also run the back bay in Oceanside and if you go early enough, no waves.

Simple as that. I was out in the dessert yestaerday checking out Lake Henshaw for a boat race...Seems that one will be much more suitable as the pit area is larger. Excellent water.

Last, you might need to convert your 45 to a 4 stroke to test at some of the lakes. I have 4 stroke conversion kits for your engine ranging from $6.00 to $18.00 depending on where on the engine hood you want covert. If they ask what you are dumping in the fuel tank, tell them it is oxygenators to help clean the air....They uaually reply, wow, great! Wish more people saw it like you do!
    Thanks for the info. Bill,
    police around lake hodges ? thats a new one ! do i need CF numbers ?
    lake henshaw sounds great to me , what would it take to have races there ? and how many years ?
    i am not familiar with " 4 stroke conversion kits " could you please give me more details.

Patrick /superglue express

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERGLUE EXPRESS View Post
    Thanks for the info. Bill,
    police around lake hodges ? thats a new one ! do i need CF numbers ?
    lake henshaw sounds great to me , what would it take to have races there ? and how many years ?
    i am not familiar with " 4 stroke conversion kits " could you please give me more details.

Patrick /superglue express
    You are supposed to have CF numbers on any body of water, but they never enforce the numbers on Hodges. Henshaw is a possibility for now, nothing near it so loud mods could run there....The ramp is 100' wide and plenty of parking for pits.

4 stroke conversion kits....Since eco geniuses are enforcing what they consider to be a clean engine ( 4 stroke yeah right) you need to be a step ahead of them. By placing a 4 stroke decal on your engine hood, it usually takes care of the problem and the air is so much better the second you install the decal!
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Post Thanks / Like

"By placing a 4 stroke decal on your engine hood, it usually takes care of the problem and the air is so much better the second you install the decal!"

Now that was funny!!!!!!

Thread Information