AmberMarine.net

Thread: Tom Lasorda's Opinion of Dave Kingman's Performance

Default Tom Lasorda's Opinion of Dave Kingman's Performance

Tommy chew the reporter our 34 years ago this summer. http://tommykingman.ytmnd.com/

Seems someone asked me MY OPINION OF APBA the other day and Tommy Lasorda's rant came to mind. I see NAMBA a local club that has local races. At a COUNTY park MAMBA members have free access to the back gate. Every member gets a key to this gate. They have a small building with a row boat and kicker to chase their stalled boats, every member has a key to the building. The county has built them permanent grandstands and permanent driver's stand, both are from solid concrete.

These boats aren't cheap, but there are more than 400 new boats a year being build right here in Santa Ana, California. These RC racers have a "HANDS-ON" Club.

Boat Racing isn't dead, but everything has a life!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Tommy chew the reporter our 34 years ago this summer. http://tommykingman.ytmnd.com/

Seems someone asked me MY OPINION OF APBA the other day and Tommy Lasorda's rant came to mind. I see NAMBA a local club that has local races. At a COUNTY park MAMBA members have free access to the back gate. Every member gets a key to this gate. They have a small building with a row boat and kicker to chase their stalled boats, every member has a key to the building. The county has built them permanent grandstands and permanent driver's stand, both are from solid concrete.

These boats aren't cheap, but there are more than 400 new boats a year being build right here in Santa Ana, California. These RC racers have a "HANDS-ON" Club.

Boat Racing isn't dead, but everything has a life!
    APBA is just a sanctioning body...which elects its officers from it's racing members..."local clubs" are the future of our sport with APBA insurance benefits as a group, and a rule book to follow, national points system and records etc.... Could APBA help promote such things amongst its member clubs...yes...but it still takes a local club's members to actually do the work.

Thread Information