AmberMarine.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-Time American Champ Tim Seebold Joins Abu Dhabi F1 Team!

Default 5-Time American Champ Tim Seebold Joins Abu Dhabi F1 Team!

as posted at f1h2o.com...http://www.f1h2o.com/news/articles.php?idnews=441

ABU DHABI - Thursday, September 30, 2010 – The winningest driver in the history of North American F1 powerboat racing, Tim Seebold, has accepted an invitation to join the Team Abu Dhabi organization, running a third boat sponsored by Skydive Dubai for the final six races of the 2010 UIM F1 H2O World Championship.

The 30-year racing veteran will begin his first Grand Prix on the UIM F1 H2O tour next weekend driving the number 21 boat at the series third round of 2010 at 14th Grand Prix of China in Linyi on the 2nd and 3rd of October.

The youngest driver of the world's most famous family of powerboat racers, the Seebold's, is now the third member of the St. Louis, Missouri clan to race on the UIM F1 H2O series.

“I'm truly excited about the opportunity to drive on the world UIM F1 H2O circuit,” said the American. “It's going to be a steep learning curve since I've never raced in any boat other than our family designed hulls, plus, new propellers and these multiple pin circuits, it's all new to me but I'm truly up for the challenge. My main goal is to get acclimated as quickly as possible and just finish races for the team.”

Father Bill Seebold, who was enshrined last December at the inaugural “Lap of Honor” UIM F1 H2O Hall of Fame ceremonies in Sharjah, UAE, was a winner of over 900 races in his career including three on the world circuit before retiring as North American F1 Champion in 1997 after over 40 years of racing. He made his mark internationally back in the era of the 1960's and 1970's before F1 racing became an “official” series winning many events throughout the European continent.

Older brother Mike Seebold, a three time North American Champion last raced on the UIM F1 H2O tour briefly in the early 1990's and most recently in 2002. Despite racing just twice in '02, he finished on the podium at the Grand Prix of Portugal and took a fourth at the next race at the Grand Prix of Italy in Campione before returning to North America. Mike, like his father, has a lot of international experience having won the Paris 6-Hours in 1978 and the Harmsworth Trophy in 1986. On the UIM F1 H2O series he reached the top step once with a 1994 victory at the Grand Prix of Malaysia.

For Tim, with nearly 30 victories in just over 115 races on the North American circuit since his start in the F1 class in the early 1990's, he has earned titles in 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004 and 2007. He has raced internationally a few times earning a victory in Mount Fuji in Japan. Tim won his first title at 17 driving a Mod 90 at the Marathon Nationals along with four SST-140 titles in 1990, 1991, 1993 and 1994.

The 45 year-old driver who is celebrating his 30th season as a driver will add a lot of experience to the Team Abu Dhabi group with a new sponshorship by Skydive Dubai. It's a winning combination for both the team and the UIM F1 H2O World Championship to have Tim Seebold as the newest member of the family.

Be In The Know – With F1 H2O!

Nice.......I cant wait to see how he does over there, The bad part is it looks like we lost another champboat team over here

Default Good Luck Tim

Run their butts off!!!

Timmy Seebold. I still call him Timmy. Timmy won the first race that he ran. We in the Saint Louis Area bought some surplus Mercury 60-J motors in the early 1970's. $250.00 each brand new in the factory cardboard box.

You had to be nine to run Class J. Timmy was only seven. But, 7 - 9 close enough! Tim Seebold won the the first time that he ever raced a boat and, I'm proud to say that I built his boat. Bill Sr., Bill Jr., Tim. . . Winners!!

Actually it has been more than 30 years, Timmy won that J race 38 years ago. And he also won the first Pro race that he ever drove with a C Service Runabout.
    Last edited by Tim Chance; 10-01-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added something

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Chance View Post
    Timmy Seebold. I still call him Timmy. Timmy won the first race that he ran. We in the Saint Louis Area bought some surplus Mercury 60-J motors in the early 1970's. $250.00 each brand new in the factory cardboard box.

You had to be nine to run Class J. Timmy was only seven. But, 7 - 9 close enough! Tim Seebold won the the first time that he ever raced a boat and, I'm proud to say that I built his boat. Bill Sr., Bill Jr., Tim. . . Winners!!

Actually it has been more than 30 years, Timmy won that J race 38 years ago. And he also won the first Pro race that he ever drove with a C Service Runabout.
    Tim had no choice but to be a boat racer considering who his Dad and Grandpa are.

Most of us "Old Farts" in the "Alky" division have seen his bare butt as his diapers were being changed in the pits.

A lot of second, third and even fourth generation boat racers got their starts in the "Alky" division. Thank God they stuck with it or the sport we all love would be sadly lacking.

Good luck Timmy!

Default Tim 9th on the dock

Tim qualified 9th for the race tomorrow.
    http://www.f1h2o.com/news/articles.php?idnews=444

Team Member

Default 5 time american champ tim seebold joins abu dahi f1 team

does anyone know time of live feed tomorrow

Default Tim Seebold interview from China

Team Member

The race starts at 3PM CST (China Standard Time).

That is 12 hours ahead of EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

The live feed would be on 10/3/2010 at 3AM EDT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information