Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for plans too!

Team Member

Default looking for plans too!

I just read the "Restore project so looking for plans" thread here and I too am looking for plans. Does anyone know if there are any Ron Jones 5ltr hydro plans available for purchase? Or any of Ron Jones' plans available?

Tried the link within the thread by "stickmann" but no lead there.

I've googled every possible combination for Ron and plans but to no avail. Learned a lot about Ted, Ron Sr. and Ron Jr., love every boat related to them and would like to build one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Team Member

Default Plans

Quote Originally Posted by dave arnold View Post
    I just read the "Restore project so looking for plans" thread here and I too am looking for plans. Does anyone know if there are any Ron Jones 5ltr hydro plans available for purchase? Or any of Ron Jones' plans available?

Tried the link within the thread by "stickmann" but no lead there.

I've googled every possible combination for Ron and plans but to no avail. Learned a lot about Ted, Ron Sr. and Ron Jr., love every boat related to them and would like to build one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Conventional or cabover????
    I have :
    Chuck Hickling 1962 16' 280 plans, SAM II.
    1964 Orrin 16' conventional 280 plans RHONDA.
    1962 19' Jones plans. BLACK BART//DIXIE COLA.
    1950s Hallett plans ALTER EGO
    Also 15' Clark?? plans

HARLAN ORRIN

Team Member

Default Y class around 14' ?

Harlan,
    Thank you for your response. It's an awesomw thing to have guys like you here that are willing to help newcomers like myself get into this type endeavor. I'd like to build a Y class boat big enough to sit down in like the South Paw Y-6 pictured here http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/me..._southpaw.html and not as short as the Full House Mouse Y-116 pictured here http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/me...ousemouse.html
    What is the 15' Clark you mention? Let me know if you have something that might be suitable for me.
    I'm modeling a Dillon Pro Tunnel in my computer, but would rather focus on something a little bigger to derive my full scale templates from to do an actual build. I want to be intimately familar with the boat I build before I cut the first piece of wood. I am not experienced in boat construction but can design anything in 3D that can be conceived. I am familiar with all tools required and can use them. Just never built a boat. I did own an 8' 3-point hydro running a '52 Mark 20 Merc "tiller controlled". It was a blast. Re-glassed it twice before finally getting Sea Doo's. Traded the boat and motor for parts for one of the Sea Doo's.
    Edit: note the added cowling when changed from original yel/blk to wht/blu.

Thanks again for your reply. Best regards, Dave Arnold
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member

There are plans for all of Ron Jones's boats, they are with one owner and they are not for sale or avalible for use. Sorry for the bad news. I do have a set of Ted Jones 266 plans that were drawn by Ron Jones I would be happy to copy them for you. It would work fine as a 5 litre vintage boat.

Check here. Ron Jones has drawn new plans up and are for sale.
    Mark N
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/15733...INGS+AND+PLANS

Richard Sacher

Quote Originally Posted by Rage28 View Post
    There are plans for all of Ron Jones's boats, they are with one owner and they are not for sale or avalible for use. Sorry for the bad news. I do have a set of Ted Jones 266 plans that were drawn by Ron Jones I would be happy to copy them for you. It would work fine as a 5 litre vintage boat.
    Ron Jones will provide plans for all of his boats. Just give him a call.

Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by MN1 View Post
    Check here. Ron Jones has drawn new plans up and are for sale.
    Mark N
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/15733...INGS+AND+PLANS
    That's really cool !

Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by curbman View Post
    Ron Jones will provide plans for all of his boats. Just give him a call.
    I have known Ron for a very long time in fact ran around the shop as a little boy when my Dad worked for him. I find it very hard to beleave that he could remember every boat he designed although, if anyone could it would be him. Well and maybe Harlin too.

Team Member

Default I'm confused............

i'm not sure what to make of all this but on March 14 I received a PM from Steve West, the Sr. Project Manager of Ron Jones Advanced Designs regarding Ron Jones' boat plans. I am not at liberty to discuss the contents of that message but it doesn't seem to correlate with what I'm reading here. I was asked to wait a week before any disclosure, so I will wait.

In a nutshell, I am seeking plans to build an inboard hydro with 4 cylinder powerplant that I can sit in comfortably and go friggin' fast! That's all I want. Well, that or a good condition existing boat that needs a bit of TLC that I can afford to purchase in one shot. Missed out on one already and wish I could get the PIXIE Y48 listed on this site http://www.network54.com/Forum/61035...Y48+Hydroplane but it is just so damned far away! Any help in my quest would be appreciated dearly. Thank you all here at BRF.

Best regards,
    Dave Arnold

Team Member

Default was/is this a real boat?

didn't find anything on a search for MISTY 52S

This is basically what I want to pilot.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information