I was supposed to go to The Six Hours of Paris, 1973, but ended up staying home and my daughter was born on the day of the race, 1973. I have not been back to Paris since 1972.The first year I raced the "SIX HOUR", Ted may and I ran second almost all day, but we got third. Seems, one time I went between the barges and the turn buoy and they missed me. Rick Keller was paid by OMC to keep track of the lap times. I know this for a fact, as Rick tried to get me to drive for him. He said I was the most consistent driver OMC had, and for the power I was given, also the fastest, even though I weighed 230 pounds. In 1972, Jimbo and drove together, everyone considered Jimbo OMC's number one driver. Any way, Jackie, in 1970, John Schubert and I drove together. It seemed, John and I were close to the front all day, we had a steering cable issue and ended up 8th. I think we only ran an hour and half fuel load. I do recall, saying, "Wow, they won by three laps!" When you are out on the course, you get a feeling of what is going on. At the pit stops you as a few questions. Didn't Lars have the results from 1970 somewhere??? Seems we ended up more laps down that I thought possible.